The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Magnum XL conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Hi, been looking at a tranny swap for my boss for some time but decided I would wait till I had a supercharger. My friend and race buddy asked me to see if anyone has a idea of what a complete kit for swapping a auto Mustang GT to a magnum XL. I know its cheaper to buy a new car, but here in Chile they did not sell manual mustangs. So he has no choice if he wants a manual. Does anyone road race the auto box?? seems ungodly to me, but I hate auto trannies.

Any thoughts??

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
JPC racing sells conversion kits for Manual-transmission cars; the complete kit would be around $5000 plus shipping. Then you would need to add the pedal assembly and hydraulic lines from a manual transmission car (or purchase OEM parts). I'm not sure if there are other requirements.

TMO Supporting Vendors