The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Magnum XL hard 2-3 shift when hot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monaca Pa
Me too. How is yours working now that you did that mod? Yours on the road yet?
I took it out Tuesday for some gas. Just drove it 6 miles . With all the rain we have had all the salt should be gone from our roads. I’m actually going to break in the transmission , rear end and clutch 😱

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I'm curious about the shifters - what's the benefit besides streamlining the shift action? I know there's only so much speed of shift the synchronizers can take (especially after seeing exactly how they're constructed) but I see lots of those shifters at nasa's grids
Mainly just eliminates the cross gate shifting. In my case when I had the 3 valve I was using 5th Gear a lot and the cross gate shift to 5th would often get me reverse instead or get stuck in the middle of the gate and give me neutral or 3rd. Now they are all forward or backwards and cross gate shifting is eliminated.

Monaca Pa
I'm curious about the shifters - what's the benefit besides streamlining the shift action? I know there's only so much speed of shift the synchronizers can take (especially after seeing exactly how they're constructed) but I see lots of those shifters at nasa's grids
I got it for same reason Sal said. NO more miss shifts.

TMO Supporting Vendors