The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Maisto deicast Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Found a Maisto assembly line die-cast 2012 Boss at Hobby Lobby for 21.99 but you can get a coupon for hobby lobby on there web page for 40% off today. Here is a link to a picture of it.
http://www.3000toys.com/images/MAISTO/39269R.jpg

Thanks 95blitz!! Got the last one in the local store and used the coupon.
CaliMR -- I am seriously considering trying to find a model hobbist who might be able to paint mine Yellow Blaze. How on earth would they do the stripes, though? Are they decals that can be soaked off?

A good model builder can freehand the stripes, or just paint around them, depending how they are done. Have you ever watched a pin-striper work? It is amazing what some people can do with a brush.

Nice 70. I had one when I was a kid that was red I think, ended up painting it similar to Kona blue before putting the decals on. I used that color on most of my musclecars. I think the only one I left factory color was an AAR Cuda. I think my parents have them in a box, I should get my Boss out and put it in the garage.

CaliMR said:
Nice 70. I had one when I was a kid that was red I think, ended up painting it similar to Kona blue before putting the decals on. I used that color on most of my musclecars. I think the only one I left factory color was an AAR Cuda. I think my parents have them in a box, I should get my Boss out and put it in the garage.

The 70 came from Hobby Lobby also as did the metal trailer. In fact the large 2010 GT500 and the F1 model came from there too..

I really need to find my boxes of models, I had a Boss 429 too but don't remember the color. All my airplanes and tanks and stuff eventually got firecrackers stuffed in them, but not the muscle cars.

You 2012 owners are lucky. I highly doubt model makers are going to retool to make 2013 Boss 302's, at least not many of them.

TMO Supporting Vendors