The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Make Initial Throttle A Priority

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If the question, "where do I pick up the throttle?" in any given corner isn't within the top 3 most important things you are focused on while on the race track or analyzing your driving then our in-depth free article is a must-read (especially in higher horsepower cars!) : https://racers360.com/racecar-drive...Bmgb3q0dgoxvwqldiw1hxb9hM22v-jEWO9nwrS2_XFVcA

There is no technique so important that is so rarely spoken about.

As always we hope this is helpful!

In the V6L
This is the technique I was taught from my very first lesson back in 2003.

There's more to it than just this, but when you get it right, you go faster and your tires and brakes last a lot longer too.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel