The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

"Man Down" - Lost Bosses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Still based on the current thread, there's about 45 we know of that have been 'KIA,' not saying they haven't been resurrected but that's less than .5% of the total Boss population. I don't think that's going to put a real dent into making them more rare. Now if some odd 800 were totaled, that's about 10%. Then I'd be more concerned with them being 'endangered.'

Anyone see this one?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4850502560220&set=gm.541783942561361&type=1&theater

Sounds like a pro-charged boss according to the post's.

I hoped that I never would have had to post in this thread. I hit a retaining wall head on while on a mountain road. I really should have died tumbling off the mountain. Thankfully my quick thinking, the retaining wall, and my car, Toothless, saved me. I have a couple burns from the airbag, but am otherwise fine. Toothless was totaled and I don't have the funds to buy it back to fix it/part it out. The car was a performance white 2012 with recaro seats number 1347 vin number 1ZVBP8CU3C5239080. I was thinking of replacing the car with another Boss, but I don't want the large car payment anymore as I already have a mortgage worth of student loans. I bought an inexpensive Honda s2000 and plan to replace the 2.0L F20 with an LS2 or LS3 in a few years.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
It was good to catch up with you last week, but I'm really sorry about your lost Boss. I'm glad you survived...and that the canyon didn't getcha. At least those airbag burns would be great conversation starters for a while...

loco pantelonez said:
I hoped that I never would have had to post in this thread. I hit a retaining wall head on while on a mountain road. I really should have died tumbling off the mountain. Thankfully my quick thinking, the retaining wall, and my car, Toothless, saved me. I have a couple burns from the airbag, but am otherwise fine. Toothless was totaled and I don't have the funds to buy it back to fix it/part it out. The car was a performance white 2012 with recaro seats number 1347 vin number 1ZVBP8CU3C5239080. I was thinking of replacing the car with another Boss, but I don't want the large car payment anymore as I already have a mortgage worth of student loans. I bought an inexpensive Honda s2000 and plan to replace the 2.0L F20 with an LS2 or LS3 in a few years.

I'm really glad you're ok. From the pics, your car has been one of the harder hits. Testimony to the strength of the chassis.

PTRocks said:
I'm really glad you're ok. From the pics, your car has been one of the harder hits. Testimony to the strength of the chassis.
Where are the photos?

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
YellowBoss said:
1ZVBP8CU6D5200338 This should have a low 2013 build number.

1ZVBP8CU6D5200338_zps7a50b65d.jpg

HEY, this might be GHIG #1?! The VIN is 1ZVBP8CU6D5200338 (I think the 'CU6' should be a 'CU5'. Mine was Boss #2 in GHIG and the VIN is 1ZVBP8CU5D5200962.

Yikes, the first GHIG is dead?! That sucks.

John

How can you tell what GHIG # you have from looking at the VIN? My GHIG VIN ends in 38482 so what where does that put in in the GHIG sequence? Is there a way to find out how many GHIG Bosses were made?

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Exactly, it will be harder with the higher VIN numbers unless you get someone else posting their VINs and sequence numbers ahead and behind yours.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Hmmm, they must have had a challenge with the Boss cars early on as that VIN is pretty low compared to mine. I wonder if they had a stack of them sitting around with some technical issue which held them up. Doesn't seem to make sense that the VIN number is lower but the Boss build number is higher.

John

jneary said:
Hmmm, they must have had a challenge with the Boss cars early on as that VIN is pretty low compared to mine. I wonder if they had a stack of them sitting around with some technical issue which held them up. Doesn't seem to make sense that the VIN number is lower but the Boss build number is higher.

John

Mustangs are not built in VIN sequence. Not even close. :p

Man, just scrolling through this thread, there have been a lot of these cars wadded up! I wonder if it tracks the first generation of cars in their first few years.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel