The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

"Man Down" - Lost Bosses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have seen this car on u-tube, (ctjibber) watch it and compare the engine compartment, looks like this car, you can see this crash coming, IMO. Car is #770, sad for a great car.

KYBOSSLS said:
I have seen this car on u-tube, (ctjibber) watch it and compare the engine compartment, looks like this car, you can see this crash coming, IMO. Car is #770, sad for a great car.

I think you are right, great catch! The funny bit is the vid was posted a couple of days after the car was wrecked. The vid was shot in Allentown, PA.

KYBOSSLS said:
Yea not exactly the type of thing you want to post on YouTube. From the comments it sounds like a college student and Daddy bought the car. People often ask me if my teenage kids get to track my Mustangs. I've been of the opinion that they don't have the experience to handle that much horsepower yet. They don't have the life experience to process and anticipate all the variables that converge quickly when maneuvering at high speed. You gain that understanding and ability over time with driving experience. Obviously this was too much for the "kid" to handle responsibly.

Yep it was just a matter of time. I wonder what the Recaro steering wheel looked like. Maybe that's why no airbag deployed.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsHsPCcR3g8[/youtube]

98RedGT

2012 #552
That's somebody who does not appreciate what they got. Treating it like a toy and no respect for the speed the car is capable of.

98RedGT said:
That's somebody who does not appreciate what they got. Treating it like a toy and no respect for the speed the car is capable of.

From the reply on the youtube video, it looks like the guy's buddy sold his car to someone else who then wrecked it.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I guess I'm getting old. SH-- can always happen, but when I see driving like that with the weaving between the cars on a congested highway it's really gets to me. I feel bad for the car and the people who built it. I hope he took a bath financially. Like you guys said, the car will resurrect itself I'm sure - hopefully with someone who respects the sport and the car!

PS: Got my owners package today - very cool.

It's really almost too painful to look at - both the salvage wreck and the driving that made it that way. I'm going to bet, though, that the vast majority of Bosses ended up with owners who do appreciate and value what they've got.

We'll have to see where the insurance rates go....

My insurance rates are beyond outrageous. Having two teenage boys each with a couple speeding tickets is a KILLER, even though they don't have any accidents. They have their own cars and are not allowed to drive the Boss, but the insurance company doesn't care. Since they're under our insurance, they have to cover them for it. The tickets go off next year and so far we've made it two years without any more :mad:

cloud9 said:
My insurance rates are beyond outrageous. Having two teenage boys each with a couple speeding tickets is a KILLER, even though they don't have any accidents. They have their own cars and are not allowed to drive the Boss, but the insurance company doesn't care. Since they're under our insurance, they have to cover them for it. The tickets go off next year and so far we've made it two years without any more :mad:
Yep - having the kids on the policy will kill you. Ours are out of the house. Even so, I'm paying a little over $1K annually to insure the Boss and both wife and I have clean records. I'm sure repair costs for any major damage on these cars is pretty steep.

Dark Horse

2012 BOSS 302 LS 541
cloud9 said:

My 19 year old son has never expressed anytype of interest in learning how to drive standard. The very 1st day the Boss was at home, "Dad, cna you teach me how to drive standard?" LOL :D

Dark Horse said:
cloud9 said:

My 19 year old son has never expressed anytype of interest in learning how to drive standard. The very 1st day the Boss was at home, "Dad, cna you teach me how to drive standard?" LOL :D
LOL! ;D

98RedGT

2012 #552
Dark Horse said:
cloud9 said:

My insurance rate is quite reasonable, no more than premium on my wife's 2010 Taurus and I don't have to worry about my 4 year old trying to drive the Boss or affect the insurance :) Although he does want a Mustang of his own, but not one like mine; better of course.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel