The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

"Man Down" - Lost Bosses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The report states they did and you can see in the photo the driver one popped.

PeteInCT said:
I guess I'm getting old. SH-- can always happen, but when I see driving like that with the weaving between the cars on a congested highway it's really gets to me. I feel bad for the car and the people who built it. I hope he took a bath financially. Like you guys said, the car will resurrect itself I'm sure - hopefully with someone who respects the sport and the car!

PS: Got my owners package today - very cool.

Ditto

Mike

Joe BOSS said:
5 DOT 0 said:
I'm surprised that one was totaled.
Yeah, I was too at first. I'm thinking there is some serious under carriage damage. The way the car is setting in some of those pictures just doesn't seem entirely correct.
It is hard to see but it shifted the entire front uni body to the right. It looks over enough to have the engine cradle out of wack also. The repair gets pricy if you have to pull the engine to repair the uni body that deep or replace it plus the bolt on parts. It may also have some cowl damage on the left side.

stupid is as stupid does,
reminds me of Forest Gump,
Boss 302 or any other car for that matter,
in the hands of dumb and dumber -> results also in the same in the end....

PS: Im not bashing, our car is a handful to control, but come on: a damp morning, a cold morning under tire operating temperatures, new tires ie with the wax build up on them, a little to drink, kids in the car: W T F
you cannot tell me that guy was IN CONTROL.... sorry but I dont feel an ounce of pity.

rom said:
stupid is as stupid does,
reminds me of Forest Gump,
Boss 302 or any other car for that matter,
in the hands of dumb and dumber -> results also in the same in the end....

PS: Im not bashing, our car is a handful to control, but come on: a damp morning, a cold morning under tire operating temperatures, new tires ie with the wax build up on them, a little to drink, kids in the car: W T F
you cannot tell me that guy was IN CONTROL.... sorry but I dont feel an ounce of pity.
He's obviously not a member of this forum or he would have known better. ;D

Thanks to a Boss owner from Switzerland, I got to know over a set of discs, he has passed on some more info about the LS that was in a bad accident there. It involved three cars and a bicycle, there are more pics in the link below and I will spare everyone posting them here. The LS is pretty badly damaged not that it matters, just hope everyone survived.

Edit-After translating this it looks like the bicyclist was killed from being throw off the bridge after the Boss hit him. RIP
http://www.suedostschweiz.ch/vermischtes/velofahrer-auf-dem-seedamm-schwer-verletzt

GA
5 DOT 0 said:
Smashed PW Bosses look to be popular.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mustang-BOSS-302-Front-End-Clip-Nose-5-0L-2012-Hood-Headlights-Fenders-Ford-12-/200804347592?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec0df2ec8&vxp=mtr

$(KGrHqV,!rEF!YbPm5hJBQIoz,FLw!~~60_57.jpg

If that was the only good part of the car I would hate to see the rest of it. Most of what is shown are pretty much regular GT parts anyway.

This Boss was a Ford Motor Company car. AAI ordered it as a TT build vehicle, built September 9, 2010. I'm sure Ford had this Boss scrapped out, and the front clip is all that's left of it.

To reduce scrappage and environmental impact, Ford will part out and sell the regular production parts off of prototype cars.

http://www.dstindustries.com/vrs

jec246

PTRocks said:
One more to add to the list: This is a Canadian car from the Ottawa area.

ford-mustang-boss-302-5549.jpg

2012-ford-mustang-boss-302-5546.jpg

Just the same pictures in the video. but it has a description of what happened, maybe.

"Stolen from a dealership, found 45 miles away down an embankment off a country road. Car only had 150 miles on the odometer.

Ottawa, Canada"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfu6P_8_Th0[/youtube]

Sesshomurai

So these cars can be stolen? How exactly is that possible without the key. Just curious because I thought nowadays hot wiring is not possible. Or maybe they stole the key too.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel