The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Manual vs. Dual Clutch Automatic Transmissions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Please continue the debate in this thread. Also include sequential transmissions as well.

From this thread:

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?action=post;quote=69602;topic=4435.0;last_msg=69613

"Quote from: steveespo on Today at 01:14:40 PM

Really a track only kinda thing with an occasional street romp. Constant blipping on the street would make me nuts and draw unwanted police attention especially with headers and Corsas.

Pete I have been synchronizing down shifts for 28 years, if Ford offered a dual clutch trans I would have bought one. No one can shift as well as BMW's DCT or Audi/VW's DSG.
Steve

NFSBOSS: You can turn it off when not in use. The new Porsche 991 GT3 will set a new standard for street cars with one hundredth of a second shifts. They tested an eight speed manual vs. an eight speed PDK and the PDK was half a second quicker to 100 (or something like that). It's in the video I posted in the other car forum. The current PDK shifts in 3 hundredth's of a second.

I'm going to start another thread debating manual vs. DCT and move some of these post there."

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel