The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mark Fields Ford's next CEO?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looks like it. He could get a promotion this week to COO. Read on:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-11/ford-said-near-naming-fields-as-coo-in-mulally-succession-plan.html

He's been the golden boy for so long and has been rumored as the next CEO for so long, I imagine it's coming.

Could do worse, could do better. As long as he lets the engineer's and planners "do their thang", I think Ford will do all right.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
Looks like Mark Fields is in to replace Mulally-but earlier then expected. He is expected to take over as early as July.

The timing is suspicious. Ford has some big intros coming, especially the new all-aluminum bodied F150.

Typically Mulally would want to bask in the success of the new product. He won't be around for that.

CEO's only seem to leave their position early if some major challenges are coming up.

On the other hand, maybe I am looking way too much into this transition...

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
four-walling said:
On the other hand, maybe I am looking way too much into this transition...

Maybe? ::) ;)

This is the planned succession and has been priced-in for a loooong time.

It's not at all like GM Mary...don't get me started.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Good news - I'm glad it's formally set. I think this has been floated for way too long.

I'm sure he'll continue to generally move things in the right direction. The real test will be how he handles the next big problem or when he is starting to make the real steering decisions which will take a while. With all the new platforms already programmed, he should do just fine for now.

TMO Supporting Vendors