The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Markers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You may be able to bake them open then spray the inside, if you google baking headlights some how tos should show up. I've never done it, but I have seen the results and they can be good.

Phiffzooted said:
Going to black out the markers and rear brake light should I just get the pre cut vynl, heard they peel though or just replace them with black ones?

I would use the vinyl to give it a few weeks, see how you like them, if there are any issues and then spring for real replacements which will look great and last.

IMHO!

I have vinyl on my 3rd brake light on my 2006 and have no issues with it. It was DieCut to fit, but I did leave a little extra to completely cover the entire light, even on the sides or lip as much as possible.

Vinyl is cheap and replaceable and or removable if you don't like it, where most other options for doing what you are wanting are not.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I would go with the vinyl. Its easy to undo just peel it off. I had black out on my 06 tail lights. takes a little heat but looks pretty good in the long run. I did try night shades on other lenes and found it hard to get a consistant "tint"

TMO Supporting Vendors