The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mass Production (MP) and Pilot Production (PP) Boss Cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does anyone have any knowledge of how many MP or PP Boss cars were produced for the 2012/2013 production years?

It is my understanding that the "TT" Boss cars (Tooling Tryouts) were all destroyed but obviously there are some MP and PP Boss cars out there running around.

Also, did Ford build MP and PP cars for both the Boss and Laguna Seca cars in 2012/2013?

Any information would be very helpful and appreciated.

;)

Welcome to BMO. You'll find a lot of that information in the registry forum where I'm moving this thread. A couple of our members have that information and should be able to help out.

NFSBOSS said:
Welcome to BMO. You'll find a lot of that information in the registry forum where I'm moving this thread. A couple of our members have that information and should be able to help out.

Thank you for the welcome to BMO!! This forum is obviously very well informed in all aspects of these new generation Boss cars and I appreciate all of the information that has been gathered here over the last couple of years. I have owned numerous new generation Boss cars but in recent years my work keeps me from spending more time with other Boss enthusiasts so this year I am going to try to spend more time with these great cars and with other Boss owners.

I grew up with the '69 and '70 Boss cars and at the time they were neck and neck when it came to the Z28 302, AAR's and TA's. We had a lot of fun back in the sixties with these high reving small block cars but they cannot compare to these new Boss cars whether it be braking, steering, handling or acceleration let alone the comfort and fuel economy.

I hope a couple of your members can give me some insight on these "MP" and "PP" cars as I have come across a few of them and ended up purchasing "PP0001". These early pilot production cars certainly have a few differences compared to the regular production Boss cars.

If some of your members can provide me with some contact information for other members who may have one of these early production cars along with any production data that would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Hey 7500RPM,
For 2012 there were:
12 TT, 12 PP, and 44 MP cars built. I have come across a couple of parted out TT cars, but Miller also received a few of them for their fleet.
4 PP and 33 MP cars have been sold.

For 2013 I have found:
8 cars I believe to be TT cars, 22 PP, and 15 MP cars.
All but one of the 2013 MP were sold, I have yet to see any PP cars yet though.

PTRocks said:
Hey 7500RPM,
For 2012 there were:
12 TT, 12 PP, and 44 MP cars built. I have come across a couple of parted out TT cars, but Miller also received a few of them for their fleet.
4 PP and 33 MP cars have been sold.

For 2013 I have found:
8 cars I believe to be TT cars, 22 PP, and 15 MP cars.
All but one of the 2013 MP were sold, I have yet to see any PP cars yet though.

Hi PTRocks:

Thanks for the updated information regarding the 2012 MP and PP cars.

Do you think this information will change as we go forward or will these be the final production numbers for the MP and PP cars? I believe I read an earlier thread where there were 3 PP cars built for 2012 but that may have been preliminary information?

The only information that will change is the number that have been released for sale. I am quite certain of the total number of TT+PP+MP cars built for each year.

For example, there are now 5 2012 PP and 35 2012 MP cars sold.

I just purchased a 2013 Boss with # MP0002. I found it was driven by a ford exec. It looks perfect all around, not a mark on it. Before I purchased it I talked with Ford Racing people and found it was used for some PR work and that there was less than 50 made ( 44 was what he thought ). They also guessed that 2013 had a total of 24 MP's out for sale. Knowing this I believe it will help its value down the road. Have window sticker and waiting for build sheet. Window sticker interestingly says sold to Ford.

PTRocks said:
The only information that will change is the number that have been released for sale. I am quite certain of the total number of TT+PP+MP cars built for each year.

For example, there are now 5 2012 PP and 35 2012 MP cars sold.

PT, thanks for this information.

Any idea which of the 12 PP cars have been sold and is there any way of contacting them to discuss the mileage and condition of the tires, brakes and body of the 5 sold cars?

Harry

All the cars are sold through dealer-only auction. I don't have info on the PP cars per se. See this thread I just started in the general forum.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=4672.msg72293#msg72293

Hi Everyone !

I own PP0005 which is a Black Laguna Seca, its got 352 miles and I have both window stickers and complete and detailed build info from a Ford Engineer. I was lucky enough to be able to contact the company that ordered the car and shipped it to Car Shows for Ford. My car was mainly used for shows in the south east and south central US.
PTROCKS has been a invaluable member friend on a different forum, relaying all the info he has found on all our great cars !
I also own a 13 BOSS #1441 Race Red, which I drive on sunny days, but the Laguna is for show only.

There was a question from 7500RPM about where some of the other PP cars might be. I know of one other in Canada that is a 12 Comp Orange 302 PP0003, a 12 White 302 PP0002 and PP0004 Comp Orange, so I think that is the 5 known released ! ( The Silver Laguna hasn't popped up yet..)
0001 Laguna
0002 302
0003 302
0004 302
0005 Laguna
And BTW 7500RPM my VIN is 5199916 built 10/26/10. I also have some information on your car that you may or may not want to know.

Jason

PP0005 said:
Hi Everyone !

I own PP0005 which is a Black Laguna Seca, its got 352 miles and I have both window stickers and complete and detailed build info from a Ford Engineer. I was lucky enough to be able to contact the company that ordered the car and shipped it to Car Shows for Ford. My car was mainly used for shows in the south east and south central US.
PTROCKS has been a invaluable member friend on a different forum, relaying all the info he has found on all our great cars !
I also own a 13 BOSS #1441 Race Red, which I drive on sunny days, but the Laguna is for show only.

There was a question from 7500RPM about where some of the other PP cars might be. I know of one other in Canada that is a 12 Comp Orange 302 PP0003, a 12 White 302 PP0002 and PP0004 Comp Orange, so I think that is the 5 known released ! ( The Silver Laguna hasn't popped up yet..)
0001 Laguna
0002 302
0003 302
0004 302
0005 Laguna
And BTW 7500RPM my VIN is 5199916 built 10/26/10. I also have some information on your car that you may or may not want to know.

Jason

Jason, thanks for the info.

My car was built on the day shift on Monday and yours was built on the day shift on Tuesday.

I also have the original window stickers and build sheet for my car and would like to hear about your owners kit which sounds pretty interesting.

Give me a call as you have my cell phone number and I can tell you what I know about my car but you may have more additional information for me that will be interesting.

If you want me to call you PM me your phone number.

Thanks,

Harry

ford20 said:
COmeon guys, let us in on the secret! Share the wealth!!

PP0001 has a VIN which ends with 5199915 was assembled on Monday, October 25th, 2010. According to the person that I talked to at Ford Marketing my car was used for TV photo shoots and Ford Commercial displays.

The car was bought with 638 miles and came with 2 window stickers and I also have a build sheet for the car. This car is not in compliance with California emissions so cannot be sold to anyone in that state.

PP0001 was built on the day shift on a Monday with the engine being assembled on July 20th, 2010 as was the 20th "Pilot Production" engine assembled.

There are some other interesting facts about the car but before I make any comments I want to make sure I have my facts correct.

The car runs great as had it up to 125 MPH on a test drive prior to purchasing the car and then ran out of room on a backroad.

The car came with a car cover, splitter, brake hoses and trans cooler installed on the car and I continue to run it that way on the street.

;)

TMO Supporting Vendors