The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Maximum Motorsports Releases Camber Caster Plates for 2015+ Mustang

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

These look nice and are $90 less than the plates for the S197. I bet CorteX will use these with their S550 JRi setup.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Mustang-Caster-Camber-Plates-2015-P1480.aspx

Mm6CC-10_LG.jpg
Mm6CC-10-detail1_LG.jpg

I had my MM cc plates installed while at Track Attack this week. I am really happy with the results. I had them shoot for the GT350R alignment specs since I'll generally be running 315 R7s on all four corners and will be running the PSC2s for my first few events until the N4SM wheels arrive.

I ended up as follows:

Front L R
Camber -2.0* -2.2*
Caster 7.1* 7.1*
Toe -.05* -.06*
Total Toe -.05*

Rear
Camber -1.2* -1.3*
Toe .12* .15*
Total Toe .27*

Kevin said he set his car up this way so when you're sitting in it the front camber evens out by 0.1-0.2* He knows as much about this as anyone else I know so I'm going with it. His car is unbelievably quick (with him driving :)) so it must work. I went for more front camber than the Ford alignment specs based on @Black Boss first trip to VIR. This gives us another data point and I'll have a better idea after BIR at the end of this month. I will be running PSC2s on the stock wheels for that event. The good news is you can get much more than the factory recommended track alignment specs with the MM plates, and the factory adjustment on the rear gets you to the recommended spec.

20160406_210857_zpsq7vn22tc.jpg

Seems like the cars are very consistent re camber settings and tolerances. Maximum front camber I could get with the MM plates was also -2.0* Left, -2.2* Right.

Will get more track time over the next 2-3 weeks to see how tire wear is at these settings after multiple events....

cloud9 said:
I had my MM cc plates installed while at Track Attack this week. I am really happy with the results. I had them shoot for the GT350R alignment specs since I'll generally be running 315 R7s on all four corners and will be running the PSC2s for my first few events until the N4SM wheels arrive.

I ended up as follows:

Front L R
Camber -2.0* -2.2*
Caster 7.1* 7.1*
Toe -.05* -.06*
Total Toe -.05*

Rear
Camber -1.2* -1.3*
Toe .12* .15*
Total Toe .27*

Kevin said he set his car up this way so when you're sitting in it the front camber evens out by 0.1-0.2* He knows as much about this as anyone else I know so I'm going with it. His car is unbelievably quick (with him driving :)) so it must work. I went for more front camber than the Ford alignment specs based on @Black Boss first trip to VIR. This gives us another data point and I'll have a better idea after BIR at the end of this month. I will be running PSC2s on the stock wheels for that event. The good news is you can get much more than the factory recommended track alignment specs with the MM plates, and the factory adjustment on the rear gets you to the recommended spec.

20160406_210857_zpsq7vn22tc.jpg
Thanks for posting this info. I'm curious what your starting alignment specs were from the factory?

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
a track buddy had his installed a few weeks ago and complained about excessive noise (rattling) after the installation, Anybody had this problem? It got so bad that he ended up taking them off (The rattle went after that)

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Its so very hard to get decent mechanics down here. I am sure they did not compress the spring well. Thanks for the tip, I will pass it along.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel