The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

MaxJax two post lift anyone using it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I am closing on a house here in a month or so and I am able to finally get a lift like I have always wanted. I have seen this one on several car shows and like that it only requires 84" of ceiling height and is removable and easily stored while not in use.

http://www.maxjaxusa.com/

Anyone here using it? I know it only raises 48" but thats all I want. I am weird as I like to work on my back for the most part but really want the ease and safety of a two post lift vice jack stands. and it will make detailing a car much easier for me so I dont have to bend over.

There are specs for the concrete (thickness/material). Modern garage floors should all be fine, but you have to investigate. If not, you can have someone poor footings that are compliant.

Hi there ive had one for two years and love it just put it in good concrete and shim it right ive had no problems with but i did make some tall alum. jack stands

Justin

I'm in Indianapolis. My house was built in 2004 so I hope it's up to par. 4" rebar reinforced is what they call for. Not sure how you can tell with out destructive testing? I'll just make the holes and see what I got I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a pretty good write up on it. I've conceder something like this myself but I still can't justify in my own head.

http://www.garagejournal.com/2009/05/the-maxjax-portable-2-post-lift/

Im in Indy as well justin. You can have someone test the thickness of concrete. No need to pray and drill

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Justin

builtarmyofone said:
Im in Indy as well justin. You can have someone test the thickness of concrete. No need to pray and drill

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
thanks I will look into that. I am getting one either way lol. if I have to get pads poured thats what I will do.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel