The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

May 24-26th VIR SVT Fest or May 25-26th Track Guys @ Sebring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tough decision, one of these will be for my 50th birthday. I want to drive both of these tracks and they are the same drive from Fort Worth. Is anyone planning on going to one of these? VIR does have an extra day of driving.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Mr Smith
Please come to Virginia. Would be great to have you and that beat up warhorse on track and in the paddock with us in May. It's really a great event outside of the track time. Ford supports it with 2 trailers of Boss/GT500 and displays of the latest parts, Roush Performance will be joining this year, on Saturday night there is a nice dinner in the Barn, with guest speakers from Ford Motor, Racing, and special guests. Last year it was Lee Holman.

As far as the track, VIR is awesome, very fast and it's big so traffic is not a problem. Tony and his team run a great event, really hope you make it.
Steve

Wow, I mention my 50th birthday and now I’m Mr. Smith? That’s my father’s name, mine is Mark.
Right now I’m leaning towards VIR, I like the extra day of driving and the SVT stuff is a plus too. The reason for considering Sebring is I have some Texas friends that are going there. So I’d like to see who from this forum is going to either event. It would be fun to meet up with a bunch of the forum members.

And I'm a fan of the GT500. ;D

smittytx said:
Wow, I mention my 50th birthday and now I’m Mr. Smith? That’s my father’s name, mine is Mark.
LOL Welcome to the club!

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
smittytx said:
Right now I’m leaning towards VIR, I like the extra day of driving and the SVT stuff is a plus too. The reason for considering Sebring is I have some Texas friends that are going there. So I’d like to see who from this forum is going to either event. It would be fun to meet up with a bunch of the forum members.

And I'm a fan of the GT500. ;D

Mark
I was trying to make a Mr Smith Goes to Washington reference. ???
I'm close to the Five-Oh (not quite as close as you) so I understand, my wife tells me I'm like a 16 yr old so who cares right? Anyway it would be great to meet you and maybe we can do a Sebring run during November or December with some of the guys here too. I'm am going nuts waiting for March to get back on track.
Steve

The VIR SVT superfest looks like it would be a blast and you can even stay overnight at the track! VIR is on track my list too. Its about 600 miles from my place and 9 to 10 hours drive time. decisions, decisions.....

GA
I'm probably going to be at VIR with Rezoom on May 31 and then down at CMP the rest of the weekend with the Carolina Regional Mustang Club.

I haven't been to Superfest or VIR before but am planning to go this year. Hopefully, I will get to VIR at least once before this event so I'm familiar with the track. I met a couple guys at Track Attack last year that raved about this event. From what I've been told it's one of the best Mustang/Ford events in the country, especially for those of us that are addicted to tracking our cars.

GA
steveespo said:
I am registered, staying at the pit road suites with a garage space. can't go wrong for 200 a day total.
Steve

I looked at those too. I will only be there one day but since I am driving 8 hours the day before it would be nice to roll right out of bed and on to the track. I hate when you have to drive 20-30 minutes to get to the track from the hotel (the downside of CMP). I am not a morning person. ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors