The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Apr

MCA 45th Anniversary Celebration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Boone NC
I do not and I was just wondering about that today. I'll be curious to see how the event is run. I don't think of MCA as being a track oriented group...

I wonder how we can "bump" this post up to see if any more TMOers are going to be there?
I'll be staying at the LaQuinta near the track. It could be a little too chilly to sleep in the truck. :)

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Despite instructing for 20+ years, I still don't trust passing without a signal
Despite of or because of?? I can see where you have likely see a bunch of "Special" moves on track while trying to tutor some of us. Thanks for doing so.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Sand Springs Ok
MCA has a group of guys that have a lot of open track experience. That are running the open track portion of the show. MCA will have instructors for the novice group. MCA is going to have multiple shows a year with track time. They are trying to get recurring dates, with different tracks. I do not know all the locations or dates, Heartland Park in Topeka, will be the first weekend in October every year.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Polk County, FL
I'll be going and running in the intermediate group on Saturday. My family and I are making a vacation out of it since we go to GA at least once a year anyways.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
NC
Despite of or because of?? I can see where you have likely see a bunch of "Special" moves on track while trying to tutor some of us. Thanks for doing so.
Most of the time the lower groups behave. The more advanced guys start thinking they are race drivers and begin to lose their minds.
I've really enjoyed instructing all these years. I've had a few Other Sports Beckon types. A few hard headed ones that took pulling in the pits to get my point across. But I think I enjoyed 99% of my students.

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
I'm attending with a friend of mine and his '98 GT. Will be my first trip to Road Atlanta, so I'm just going to get a feel for the track.

And now for something completely different, I wish folks would call Road Atlanta RAt and Road America RAm so I can tell the difference in the shorthand. I guess it's good that the government isn't trying to regulate acronyms.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Boone NC
I will be in the intermediate group. It looks like the weather is going to cooperate. :)
It should be a fun couple of days!

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Sand Springs Ok
Yesterday was a great track day. Road Atlanta is a great track. Technical, elevation changes and fast.
Looking forward to another great day. The guys from MCA are doing a great job of running the track portion of event.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
NC
Where is everyone? I went by Steve’s but he was elsewhere. Boy what a gorgeous car. I’m in one of three green Bullitts running number 67. Having a blast so far. Still trying to figure out track but have been able to get down to a 1:42.3.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Boone NC
I’m to the right of pit entrance. Grey S197 #45 and red F150. 1:47.4 was my best lap yesterday... not that I’m chasing the stopwatch or anything. Five seconds faster than last trip here with Chin though. :)

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Boone NC
Great weekend. Met o-man at the very end. Also had fun giving the 21 a jump start. :) I'm sure I met the rest of the crew then but it was kind of rushed.
I'm slow but getting faster- I posted a couple of videos on youtube... search Chip Monroe. Hope everybody made it home safely.

TMO Supporting Vendors