The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

McLeod Complete Mustang Driveline Solution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I talked to McLeod at length at SEMA last week about this setup. I have all the info on it but I'm having technical difficulties with my scanner so I haven't posted it. Fortunately our friends at StangTV came through with the details. At the McLeod display was Joe Dederichs from Dederichs Motorsports. He sells and services Tremec transmissions and also owns a Boss 302 that he tracks exclusively. He has been working with McLeod to develop this kit and it's available now. The guy in the video is Bob Scheid and is the other guy I talked to. Both Bob and Joe would be happy to talk to you about this kit. Unfortunately I cannot find a link to the kit on the McLeod website. I know many of you are dying to install the Tremec as a Winter mod this year. Gary? ;)

http://www.stangtv.com/features/sema-coverage/sema-2013-mcleod-racings-complete-mustang-driveline-solutions/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=sema-2013-mcleod-racings-complete-mustang-driveline-solutions

SEMAday108-640x480.jpg
SEMAday105-400x266.jpg
pic110.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YLXj-__cpiE

2012Boss302 said:
That last video, got one of just the girl???

Seriously, how did you get into SEMA?? Can the average Joe off the street get in?? I've always wanted to go...
You need the secret password. I've always wanted to go too and finally made it this year. I joined SEMA but I'm not sure you need to just to attend the Show. If you're not a member they will want to see your car related business card but that's easy. I think you've already seen this...

http://s550mustang.com/index.php?topic=34.msg88#new

sadil said:
Is there a difference between this system and what JPC is offering?

I don't know if every piece is same or not without doing a ton of research but the basic idea is the same and the JPC kit will include everything you need to complete the install. The shifter that comes with the Tremec is weak and needs to be changed, I went with the Steeda as recommended to me.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
one day I will have a T56 in mine. I will go with a MGW when I do. I had a T56 in my 96 cobra and went through 4 diff shifters (Steeda/UPR/B&M/MGW) and the MGW was by far the smoothest and quietest of the group.

Justin said:
one day I will have a T56 in mine. I will go with a MGW when I do. I had a T56 in my 96 cobra and went through 4 diff shifters (Steeda/UPR/B&M/MGW) and the MGW was by far the smoothest and quietest of the group.

MGW makes a good shifter no doubt and I am not a Steeda guy, in fact it is the only Steeda part on my car. It is used in the Racers Edge #78 Boss and at this point (after making many costly errors) if that team owner told me to shoot all four tires flat before my next session I would do it without question :D

It does work well, have give credit to them, only it is extremely hard to get it in reverse with shoulder harnesses on. When not strapped in you need to use your whole upper body to do so.

Justin

YellowBoss said:
MGW makes a good shifter no doubt and I am not a Steeda guy, in fact it is the only Steeda part on my car. It is used in the Racers Edge #78 Boss and at this point (after making many costly errors) if that team owner told me to shoot all four tires flat before my next session I would do it without question :D

It does work well, have give credit to them, only it is extremely hard to get it in reverse with shoulder harnesses on. When not strapped in you need to use your whole upper body to do so.
does it have a reverse lockout solenoid? The one in my cobra did. Had to wire it in to the brake pedal switch for it to release made getting in reverse so so much easier.

Justin said:
does it have a reverse lockout solenoid? The one in my cobra did. Had to wire it in to the brake pedal switch for it to release made getting in reverse so so much easier.

Correct, not that you would ever downshift to fifth on track but the plan is to wire a switch to the dash or center console. The solenoid is big and on the tailshaft next to the shifter, it barely fits into the tunnel.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Bob is who I spoke with at the True Street event I entered.
He's the reason I have the McLeod Clutch in my car today.

Without a reverse lockout, when shifting from 4th to 5th, it is possible to "touch" reverse.
Listen to YellowBoss and put a switch on your dash. This way you won't wish you had.
Aside from the safety factor, might save you a rebuild of the reverse gear and synchro.

Justin

DocB said:
Without a reverse lockout, when shifting from 4th to 5th, it is possible to "touch" reverse.
Listen to YellowBoss and put a switch on your dash. This way you won't wish you had.
Aside from the safety factor, might save you a rebuild of the reverse gear and synchro.
When I had my cobra I wired it into the brake pedal so that you would have to hold down the brake pedal to go in reverse. I dont auto cross my cars and wouldnt want to add another switch to my car already have two.

TMO Supporting Vendors