The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

McLeod RXT Clutch Review?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Hey guys I know a couple people have replaced there clutch with the RXT. I wanted to ask; Now that you've had it quite a while now, how do you like it?
Are you happier with it over the stock clutch? And how's is the feel and engagement now that you have some miles on them.

I finally got around to having the clutch installed and the installer called me and said the clutch needs the new flywheel because the stock crankshaft has 8 bolt patter vs Pressure plate has 6?

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: Re: McLeod RXT Clutch Review?

steveespo said:
Boss flywheel has 8 bolt pressure plate pattern, GT has 6 bolt. Both flywheels attach to the crank with 8 bolts.
Steve
So couldn't my stock flywheel work with the new RXT clutch and pressure plate?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

unrealford said:

If the McLeod pressure plate has 8 bolt pattern to attach to the flywheel. If it has 6 it is for the GT flywheel.
Steve

unrealford said:

It should if you have the correct parts. The friction plate will not mate with the flywheel 100% but you know that from our previous conversation. The McLeod has more surface area towards the centerline.

My clutch feels much better now that I've got six track days and a 3,000 miles on it. I hated it at first but I've gotten use to it. I still like the stock clutch for street driving but the McLeod works great on track. I've read the RST is just as grabby as the RXT.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: Re: Re: McLeod RXT Clutch Review?

NFSBOSS said:
It should if you have the correct parts. The friction plate will not mate with the flywheel 100% but you know that from our previous conversation. The McLeod has more surface area towards the centerline.

My clutch feels much better now that I've got six track days and a 3,000 miles on it. I hated it at first but I've gotten use to it. I still like the stock clutch for street driving but the McLeod works great on track. I've read the RST is just as grabby as the RXT.
I went with your advice and bought the $430.00 steel McLeod flywheel.. Grrrrrrr
Where is the peddle engagement compared to stock if you can remember back to the stock one?

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
I think when he called, he said the adapter plate has 6 bolts holes and stock flywheel has 8 and he couldn't get alignment correct, thus the reason to get the new flywheel with 8 to crank with 6 for adapter plate?
I could be confused, but I'm probably better off taking your advice and getting the correct flywheel.
I really appreciate your time helping.
Was clutch engagement in the middle of peddle travel like my stock one is?

TMO Supporting Vendors