The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Measuring Pinion Angle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

All,

Since this topic comes up frequently, what is the correct procedure for measuring pinion angle? Any different with a 2-piece drive shaft v. 1-piece?

Thanks
r/
Eric

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
I hope someone chimes in as I have been wondering the same thing. I will have to set my pinion angle after I install all of my mods. I have the upper control arm relocations bracket and adj upper control arm so I can set the pinion angle after I install the Eibach Sportlines. Seems like it shouldn't be too difficult I hope. That's wishful thinking :)

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
If you hang tight for a few weeks, I am going to do a write up on installing the dynotech 1 piece driveshaft, including setting pinion angle.

TMO Supporting Vendors