The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mecum and Ford Settle over GT sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Interesting.

Hey, It's a free country!!! You spend all that freaking money for a car, you should have the right to do what you want with it. Is flippin a GT going to put Ford out of business???...Not that I'll ever be able to afford one................My Boss suits me just fine..;)

Last edited:
The last tyme I bought a new car (the Boss), I had to sign over 30 papers. Who knows if the buyer even knew what the heck they were signing???....I guess you need a lawyer to buy a car these days!!...Is this 2 yr contract in effect to screen potential buyers???

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I don't think this requirement from Ford was hidden deep in the fine print. Most of us that couldn't afford the car knew the stipulation was there. Those who could afford it were notified verbally as well as in writing. I suppose there's always someone out there willing to test Ford's mettle.

US
Ford's way of controlling the market and forcing people to buy new from dealer with the markup. Its b.s.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
No offense, DrLee50, but the process TMS describes is correct and Ford's process is actually based on hopefully curbing ADMs on the GT. This is a major component of why they wanted a two year contract with buyers. Those that apply , and are accepted for the purchase of the GT can pick the Dealer they want, hence most Dealers will be pleased to get one and there is no reason for ADM. We have two coming this year and we are thankful that some long term clients picked us to fulfill their order of this Dream Car.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
My door works and I even have a side door to the trailer, but that Boss sits just a bit too low and it hits the wheel wells. I need to build up the floor a bit, and then I can use both doors --- the trailer's and the Boss's !

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well , to be honest it was the Owner's GT, and I promised not to fart in it , so he let me play with the steering wheel and make motor noises!

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel