The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mecum Auction (Houston)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saw today while watching the Mecum Auction live via webcast they sold a 2012 Kona Blue/White Boss 302 (like new) for only $39,000!

This was a California shipped car. No other information on it.

I didn't see it but found it in their consignment list for Friday auction. Lot F208.1
A 2012 Boss 302 Kona Blue.
description - Almost new
- Delivered in California
- Comes with track key and pack

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=HA0413-155571&entryRow=179&lottype=&startRow=177
from their web site, buyers premium
Up to $5,499 $300
$5,500 to $9,999 $500
$10,000 and up 6 percent of final price
Boats and Motorcycles 10 percent of final price

I was there and bidding and quit at 34k and sold for 39,000. It was a 6% buyers premium so 41,300 is not a good price for a auction vehicle with zero warranty and no test drive, nothing. I was phone bidding on it so it was 8% to do it that way as I had left after bidding on the 2011 Shelby, which I stopped at 42k, as it can be had for 47k if you look around.

You just never know. To bad I was not in the market for BMW, Mercedes, or Porsche as these are given away. If you sign up at Mechum you can see the prices paid.
Bill

Must be speculation by a dealer. Prices seem pretty consistent on web sites and there is still adequate supply of used and even new BOSS cars at or below MSRP.

TMO Supporting Vendors