The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
Re: Member Introductions

I also did a small video on the BOSS, so if you folks have the time, do take a look and tell me what you think!

MD

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nWx9Tu3dGJ4[/youtube]
[/quote]

Just got around to watching your video - awesome job !!!!!! Glad you picked the fastest color Boss !

johnrehder

New Boss 302 LS owner
Member Introductions

Hey guys and Gals, I just brought home a 2012 Laguna Seca number MP0005 last Saturday. I had been driving a 2008 Shelby GT for the last five years but lost in a custody battle if you know what I mean. I love to drive on tracks with NASA Southeast. I'm currently running in the HPDE groups. I work at Sweetwater Brewery in Atlanta. I'm engaged to a wonderful lady now and I'm looking forward to gaining more wisdom about these wonderful cars. :D

Trying to figure out how to add a photo

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego

Welcome, sorry to hear about your custody battle loss.

I am fortunate enough to live near Stone Headquarters. I'll have a meal and a brew periodically.

http://www.stoneworldbistro.com/home.asp

Hey guys,

I figured I'd stop and say hi. My name is Kody I'm 22, I live in FL and I own a 2012 RR boss (car 3224) otherwise known as Carl (long story lol). I haven't done too much to the car yet but I do plan on really diving in and going pretty big, as well as making a few parts of my own.

So far I'm lowered on BMR springs, BMR lower control arms, relocation brackets, steeda billet CC plates, TSW nurburgring's with 275/35/19 nitto NT05's, roush axle backs, and lethal performance over axle pipes, and a few other odd's and ends.

I'm not real sure how to post pics here so here's a link to a the best recent pic I have of the car.

http://s962.photobucket.com/user/Kode-X-Kustoms/media/IMG_8710_zpsf3327c43-1_zps29756e7b.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

I hope to start frequenting this site a lot more often now and I hope you guys allow me in lol!

Thanks
Kody

Kody, welcome to BMO. You'll find instructions on how to post photos in the link below but you'll need to use a hosting service like photobucket.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=212.0

Hi, new here stumbled upon this forum and there is some great info here. I picked up a new 2013 SBY Boss #2097 this past December and it is a blast to drive. I am a die hard drag racer but I am looking to get involved in some open track events with this car. I live in NJ and would love to know of any events I can get involved with, thanks.
Matt

nails79 said:
Hi, new here stumbled upon this forum and there is some great info here. I picked up a new 2013 SBY Boss #2097 this past December and it is a blast to drive. I am a die hard drag racer but I am looking to get involved in some open track events with this car. I live in NJ and would love to know of any events I can get involved with, thanks.
Matt
Matt, welcome to BMO.

Fomoco302 said:
I also did a small video on the BOSS, so if you folks have the time, do take a look and tell me what you think!

MD

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nWx9Tu3dGJ4[/youtube]

Just got around to watching your video - awesome job !!!!!! Glad you picked the fastest color Boss !

Dude, I really love your video! Very nicely done. Wish I had those skills. I'm putting my son to work to make me one, but it's a tall order as yours really really rocks.!

Chris

Hi all! Stumbled across this forum when searching for track setups and ideas. There's a wealth of info in here! I don't have a Boss but I have a 2013 GT track pack that's being built for open track days. It was supposed to stay stock for 3 years but that didn't last long. Current suspension consists of AST-4150 coilovers, Vorshlag camber plates and a BMR panhard bar. Still trying to decide on swaybars but now I'm reading here about not running a rear bar! Power stuff is just the usual CAI, tune and axleback.

wherermykeys said:
Hi all! Stumbled across this forum when searching for track setups and ideas. There's a wealth of info in here! I don't have a Boss but I have a 2013 GT track pack that's being built for open track days. It was supposed to stay stock for 3 years but that didn't last long. Current suspension consists of AST-4150 coilovers, Vorshlag camber plates and a BMR panhard bar. Still trying to decide on swaybars but now I'm reading here about not running a rear bar! Power stuff is just the usual CAI, tune and axleback.
Welcome to BMO. Tell us more about your AST coil over setup and how you like it.

firefighter120

just an ordinary guy with an extra-ordinary car

Noellenchris said:
Dude, I really love your video! Very nicely done. Wish I had those skills. I'm putting my son to work to make me one, but it's a tall order as yours really really rocks.!

Chris
thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, nice to see you guys. I'm just GT owner because of the difficulty of getting BOSS302 in Japan.
I'm interested in drifting and gripping track attack.

Below is my short video of drifting and gripping in Suzuka Twin Drift and Grip Cource.

Drift Cource
www.youtube.com/embed/ofBMSYVi0jw

Grip Cource
Sorry for bad video quority..
www.youtube.com/embed/ohYq1h1a0sY

Thanks

Mikan said:
Hi, nice to see you guys. I'm just GT owner because of the difficulty of getting BOSS302 in Japan.
I'm interested in drifting and gripping track attack.

Very nice vids!
You should make a thread and post up the modifications, changes you have done to the car, and a few pictures!

Do you see alot of mustangs out in Japan, is it a popular car? I ask because there's so many great cars over there.

F.D. Sako said:
Very nice vids!
You should make a thread and post up the modifications, changes you have done to the car, and a few pictures!

Do you see alot of mustangs out in Japan, is it a popular car? I ask because there's so many great cars over there.

I see, will do. But I've done only simple modifications which are basic equipments for track attack and light weight parts for balancing the mustang. Mustang is too front heavy, I'd like to make it nearly 50:50 weight balance for better handling.

I don't see any mustang other than mine in my region. I think it isn't popular in Japan because of the small road and stupid vehicle duty charged to displacement.

nails79 said:
Matt

I too WAS a diehard drag racer back in my Fox Mustang days. You willl quickly learn road courses are where it is at. You get 15-20 minutes of track time with a 30 minute break vs 12 seconds and a 2 hour break.... ::)

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

I too WAS a diehard drag racer back in my Fox Mustang days. You willl quickly learn road courses are where it is at. You get 15-20 minutes of track time with a 30 minute break vs 12 seconds and a 2 hour break.... ::)
[/quote]

Exactly!!!

I still do both. I have a Drag Strip 30 minutes from the house and a road track 50 minutes away.

Drag racing on a questionable weather day can be OK, if the weather holds up. On a great weather day you have to wait 25-125 minutes between runs.

Road course is just what Nails stated. A Full Day of Driving. In October we have a slight drizzle for one session. Track was slick for first half of the run, only 7 cars. I learned more about car control during that run than I dedd the remainder of the day.

Cost??

$35.00 for drag racing. 5-8 runs 2-5 minutes on the track = $420.00 an hour

$225.00 for 6 sessions and 2:10 run time, instructor included = $105.00 an hour and they throw in Lunch.

Hello I am Case new to the forum, was given a link here to answer a question on another forum. I am new to the Boss world picked my Boss up in October of 2013 new. It is Gotta Have It Green with black strips. Just getting connected on the forums to get more information on this car and what it is all about.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel