The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
My name is Jeremy, owner of TKM in San Jose Ca. We are a full service race car shop that offers arrive and drive with our mustang race car rental fleet.

Hi Jeremy, Welcome to BMO, you’ll find this is the Best Forum for all things Mustang/Shelby.

Look forward to reading more about your Mustang fleet of race cars. Enjoy

302 Hi Pro

Southeast
Hi everyone, have myself a RHD 2017 Grabber blue GT that I'm hoping to get some track time with in Perth Australia. Great forum, been reading for awhile now. Been collecting parts for the last few months and started installing suspension etc last week on my time off.
View attachment 2783

Booah:
Welcome to TMO & nice looking ‘17 in GB. Look forward to reading about your track days and a bit more about your competition in Perth. This will be a great site for you.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Welcome @SPDBOSS ! I run the same tracks and am based on NoVA - hopefully we’ll end up at some of the same events next season! -Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

302 Hi Pro

Southeast
Welcome SPDBOSS, and I have to agree with you, 2012 Boss 302 Mustangs are indeed very special cars with Championship race histories.

Please introduce yourself and tell us about your other cars and interest.
I'm Don
I'm getting on in years 71 right now and have been working on cars since I was in 7th grade . I started my driving on a dirt track with old junk cars and have enjoyed many days at the dragstrip years ago and in my later years DE events and Porsche Club Racing . I ran a business back in the late 60's early 70's building engines and setting up mostly drag cars and one stock car . More recently I owned a large precision machine shop 85 employees all CNC equipment serving food packaging , automotive , defense , and aerospace industries . I've owned over 90 cars in all makes and models . I'm a PCA national instructor and also a NASA instructor . I raced a Porsche Cayman S and tracked several other Porsches . Recently I switched to a GT 350 in 2016 which I traded for a 2017 GT 350 . I have started some minor chassis modifications for improved track performance . Ford Racing springs , maximum motorsports caster camber plates ,steeda subframe brace, ford performance air oil separators , 350 R splitter, DSC magna ride controller , SVE GT350 R wheels with PS Cup 2 tires . My home track is Watkins Glen on its first outing there ran high 2.07's which is a really good time considering I was being cautious learning the cars capabilities . Next year my hope is to run around a 2.05 . This car is a street car to be enjoyed for an occasional track day . I look forward to gaining insight on the GT350 from your members .

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Welcome young man (@duke303 and not @302BOB)

You are an inspiration to us 60 year olds. Watkins Glen is a great track and perhaps when I get my dang trailer, this ol' Raggedy Man will get a chance to haul out my Boss to run it on. Please show off your GT350.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
Glad to meet you, Don.

71?

You’re bringing our avg age DOWN, man!!!

:rolleyes::)

Seriously though... cool mods. Recommend OP Mustang (Tim’s) front LCAs with spherical bearings... especially since you are on PSC2’s.

Welcome young man (@duke303 and not @302BOB)

You are an inspiration to us 60 year olds. Watkins Glen is a great track and perhaps when I get my dang trailer, this ol' Raggedy Man will get a chance to haul out my Boss to run it on. Please show off your GT350.
Thanks I'm very fortunate to be very active for my age . When I first started tracking my Porsche my goal was to run Watkins Glen on my 70 Th birthday unfortunately my 2016 GT350 was a technology package without the transmission and differential coolers so I took a pass knowing it would go into limp mode . I had a student at Limerock with a new Corvette that went into limp mode once he started to gain some confidence . Not much sense in wasting time or risking an event with a known issue in a car . So I got the 2017 and made it here for my 71st birthday even better ! In any case I believe age should not stop anyone from enjoying automobiles whether it's a cruise , show , DE event , or a Club Race . One of my first cars was a 1954 Ford Fairlane with a 1957 312 Thunderbird Special engine in it out of a wrecked NYS Trooper car . It had 411 gears and topped out a little over 100 MPH but it would eat a 327 Chevy up to 100 . Those were the days . PS if you are ever going to WGI let me know I will try to hook up with you . I know the track by heart . Set the PCA track record there in 2012 Club Race in I class .

Glad to meet you, Don.

71?

You’re bringing our avg age DOWN, man!!!

:rolleyes::)

Seriously though... cool mods. Recommend OP Mustang (Tim’s) front LCAs with spherical bearings... especially since you are on PSC2’s.
Thanks I will look into them . How are they on the street ? I ran similar units on my Porsche but it was a dedicated track car .

Welcome Don! I'm 61 and that's the new 51, so you're just 61!

Thanks for sharing a little about your history. There is an unbelievable amount of knowledge, dedication and enthusiasm here, and you'll add yours to the mix for sure!
Looking forward to learning as much as I can and appreciate the warm welcome from all of you . Thanks so much .

Thanks for the welcome . I am not actively racing anymore . I retired from PCA Club Racing after selling my Cayman S track car . After that I continued to instruct and drive a super fun dedicated track 944 S2 with a supercharger that I built over two seasons . I was the instructor development chairman for CVR region of PCA for two seasons then I took a year off from track days . I finally returned in September with my friends in Group 52 at WGI . in my GT 350 . I would be happy to post pictures but I'm not sure how to go about it on this site . I'm not the most astute computer guy . Let me know how to post and i will give it a shot .

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel