The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks for the warm welcome Bill!

Yeah having my first road course day at Laguna was indeed very special. It’s only an hour away from my house and I’ve been many times as a spectator so getting to drive it was wonderful. Looking forward to driving there again.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Thanks for the warm welcome Bill!

Yeah having my first road course day at Laguna was indeed very special. It’s only an hour away from my house and I’ve been many times as a spectator so getting to drive it was wonderful. Looking forward to driving there again.
That's a great track, though it can be a little intimidating for first timers. Kudos for taking the Ecoboost out. My buddies are trying to get me to go out to event there next month but I'm not making the trip unless it's a high decibel day. My "touring" cat back on the GT is enough to get you kicked off track.

Welcome to the site, looking forward to watching your progress and contributions. ;)

Thanks Chris.

Yeah Laguna has some high stakes areas for sure.

There were some really loud cars there, if you head left after turn 5 and lift for a sec you will be fine. There are also three strikes so you have a time or two to figure out how to pass.

Chris, welcome to TMO. While the idea of adding GT350 brakes sounds like a great idea they are very heavy and there might be better options. Like installing the PP brakes. Check out this thread.

VoodooBoss,

Thank you for the welcome and thanks for the link. I shall investigate! I agree that those GT350 brakes look pretty hefty. On to the the trail of PP brakes.

Chris

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Nyuk,

We have quite a few Mustang Maniacs from Missouri show up at the Mustang Roundup, so better put that event on your Calendar for the first Week in October. Actually we even get three or four guys from way down South of you in Cape Girardeau, so fantastic way to meet some of your fellow road course racer in the " Show Me " State!

Welcome , welcome , welcome , this is one fun place to get tech advice, track info, and yes, socialize with like minded TrackAddicts.

Nyuk,

We have quite a few Mustang Maniacs from Missouri show up at the Mustang Roundup, so better put that event on your Calendar for the first Week in October. Actually we even get three or four guys from way down South of you in Cape Girardeau, so fantastic way to meet some of your fellow road course racer in the " Show Me " State!

Welcome , welcome , welcome , this is one fun place to get tech advice, track info, and yes, socialize with like minded TrackAddicts.

Thank you very much, Bill, for the welcome and for the invitation to the Mustang Roundup.

Blair and Hastings are a bit of a drive (450 / 550-ish miles) but I've put MR on the calendar. Hopefully, work will not interfere and we can join the fun.

I have found lots of great tech info here as a lurker and I figured I should sign up and contribute even in a small way to the forum.

Cheers,

Chris

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Forget Blair, just go directly to Hastings , and you can even skip bringing any Beer, because the guys from Cape Girardeau think it is something equivalent to bath water each evening after the track event --- yes I am intimating they bring enough to bathe in, ha!!!!

Hey Everyone
I just joined today but I've been stalking this forum for the past few weeks. I'm a civil engineer in Destin FL, married and have a 4-year old who's crazy about jeeps. I'm new to road racing but not to mustangs. My goal is to attend a few track days a year. My current car is a 2007 Mustang GT / Foose Stallion with I've had for ~6 months. My DD is a lifted 2014 ram 1500 and my wife drives a 2017 Jaguar F-Pace. My past cars were a 1988 Mustang GT modded for drag racing (NOS, suspension, gears), 2004 M3 (which i loved but unfortunately had an SMG which is why its gone). Looking forward to my time here!1.1.jpg

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Welcome to you and the Foosestang , you are guaranteed to have a good time here! No more lurking needed , just ask away, everyone goes out of their way to be helpful.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
MN
Long time lurker, but decided to say hey and give a little history.
57, work way too much and take little time to enjoy life. It was time for a lifestyle change, so I went to the SAAC National Convention @ IMS in 2018 and realized I needed to get back where I belonged.

A little backstory;
Former SCCA LOL Region ESP Champion, many many years back. Decided after a well earned divorce to get back to my true passion of road racing and time trials. My 1st attended event was the inaugural race for the ill-fated IMSA Mustang GTP @ Road America in 1983 where it placed 1st & 2nd in class. My gf at the time and I were treated to a ride with Ford Special Vehicle Operations boss Michael Kranefuss in a prototype Mustang SVO. Needless to say, I was hooked. I actually ordered one about 2 years later when I could finally afford one.

Last went to RA (Northwoods SAAC Event) in either `93, 94 or 95 ... its all a blur. Back then it was run as more of a time trial ... single laps from a rolling start in the pit lanes. Set 3rd fastest time of the day on my last lap in a 88 Saleen ... mostly stock engine, tweaked suspension, Conti Road race tires. Had the time of my life .... then I got married. :rolleyes:

Fast forward 100 years, several Mustang's and 3 performance boats later, here I am to get after it again ... this time with a `18 PP2 but nothing of the caliber of @steveespo. Met him and a handful of other participants at last July's Northwoods RA event as a spectator and can't wait to get back on the track this July for the 1st time in 25+ years.

RASaleen1993-1.jpg

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
57, work way too much and take little time to enjoy life. It was time for a lifestyle change, so I went to the SAAC National Convention @ IMS in 2018 and realized I needed to get back where I belonged.

A little backstory;
Former SCCA LOL Region ESP Champion, many many years back. Decided after a well earned divorce to get back to my true passion of road racing and time trials. My 1st attended event was the inaugural race for the ill-fated IMSA Mustang GTP @ Road America in 1983 where it placed 1st & 2nd in class. My gf at the time and I were treated to a ride with Ford Special Vehicle Operations boss Michael Kranefuss in a prototype Mustang SVO. Needless to say, I was hooked. I actually ordered one about 2 years later when I could finally afford one.

Last went to RA (Northwoods SAAC Event) in either `93, 94 or 95 ... its all a blur. Back then it was run as more of a time trial ... single laps from a rolling start in the pit lanes. Set 3rd fastest time of the day on my last lap in a 88 Saleen ... mostly stock engine, tweaked suspension, Conti Road race tires. Had the time of my life .... then I got married. :rolleyes:

Fast forward 100 years, several Mustang's and 3 performance boats later, here I am to get after it again ... this time with a `18 PP2 but nothing of the caliber of @steveespo. Met him and a handful of other participants at last July's Northwoods RA event as a spectator and can't wait to get back on the track this July for the 1st time in 25+ years.

View attachment 12263
Come and see us again in the paddock to catch up this year.
Steve

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Glad you are getting back to the track and this is the best place to find out about upgrades, track mods, tires, rims, track techniques, and like minded Mustang Maniacs. Start saving now , as after RA you will want to wander down to Nebraska for the Mustang Roundup in early October!!

Welcome!

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA

A little backstory;

View attachment 12263
Sounds like you're about to start having a lot of fun again! Glad to see you get past the lurker stage. Might as well start interacting with everyone in here. ;)

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Charlotte, NC
Hey all! First time on one of "traditional" forums, pretty active on facebook with TMO and '79 to '04 Mustangs Autox/HPDE/Track. Check out my mustang in "member cars" if you have any questions.

Excited to be a part of this group!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Gibsonia, PA
As my profile indicates, I'm just getting back into track events after a long absence. I raced bicycles for about 15 years, and with that having run it's course, it was time to "come back home" to cars. I was an avid autocrosser before the cycling bug bit hard and was always a Mustang fan. There have actually been 11 Mustangs through our family lineage, with my father and his brother starting the hobby off with a 64 1/2 and a 65. My brother and I are still in possession of five.

I have plans to participate in four HPDRE events this summer with my slightly modified 2017 GT at Pittsburgh International Race Complex in Wampum, PA just north of Pittsburgh. Attended my first with Hooked on Driving last summer...and well that was all it took!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Welcome to both Footwork and Mark B., and glad to have you as new members! Not only will you find this Forum to be an encyclopedic source of information on Stangs for the Track and Autocrossing, you will also find there is strong social aspect here and plenty of old fashioned , good natured fun. Many of the guys on here become more than racing buddies they become good friends and the Trackrat Fraternity is very strong on this site. Post often and send pics of your track exploits and Mark you are a lucky man to be so close to PIRC, as the Stouts are great folks and they have turned the old Beaver Run track into a top ten road course in America.

Lastly, Footwork, hoping that your post means you had little or no damage from the horrific Tornado that hit Nashville and the surrounding area? Tough time for you town and I know a good friend of mine , Stan Wilson, who many of you may know as one of the key Instructors over the years at the Ford Performance Racing School, escaped any damage from this storm. His house was only about two miles from the path of destruction -- good news for many of us that know him!!

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Charlotte, NC
hoping that your post means you had little or no damage from the horrific Tornado that hit Nashville and the surrounding area?
Thank you for the kind wishes Bill, thankfully I am in Michigan for the next couple weeks finishing up undergrad. But am moving down (again) in April. My fiance and I's apartment (thankfully) escaped all damage, it was about 3 miles south of the path.

That being said, I am getting on a flight tomorrow night to volunteer for the clean up process.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Hey all! First time on one of "traditional" forums, pretty active on facebook with TMO and '79 to '04 Mustangs Autox/HPDE/Track. Check out my mustang in "member cars" if you have any questions.

Excited to be a part of this group!
Welcome James, and thanks for signing up here on our "old skool" forum. :) Social channels are great an all, but they tend to lack the depth and richness of communities like this. We have some great members in here to interact with. Be active, share your build, your track experiences, and help us add to the richness.

Cool to get another SN95 in here too.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
As my profile indicates, I'm just getting back into track events after a long absence. I raced bicycles for about 15 years, and with that having run it's course, it was time to "come back home" to cars. I was an avid autocrosser before the cycling bug bit hard and was always a Mustang fan. There have actually been 11 Mustangs through our family lineage, with my father and his brother starting the hobby off with a 64 1/2 and a 65. My brother and I are still in possession of five.

I have plans to participate in four HPDRE events this summer with my slightly modified 2017 GT at Pittsburgh International Race Complex in Wampum, PA just north of Pittsburgh. Attended my first with Hooked on Driving last summer...and well that was all it took!
What type of bicycles races did you do Mark?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Gibsonia, PA
Welcome to both Footwork and Mark B., and glad to have you as new members! Not only will you find this Forum to be an encyclopedic source of information on Stangs for the Track and Autocrossing, you will also find there is strong social aspect here and plenty of old fashioned , good natured fun. Many of the guys on here become more than racing buddies they become good friends and the Trackrat Fraternity is very strong on this site. Post often and send pics of your track exploits and Mark you are a lucky man to be so close to PIRC, as the Stouts are great folks and they have turned the old Beaver Run track into a top ten road course in America.

Lastly, Footwork, hoping that your post means you had little or no damage from the horrific Tornado that hit Nashville and the surrounding area? Tough time for you town and I know a good friend of mine , Stan Wilson, who many of you may know as one of the key Instructors over the years at the Ford Performance Racing School, escaped any damage from this storm. His house was only about two miles from the path of destruction -- good news for many of us that know him!!
Thanks Bill, I'm looking forward to being part of this group!

Mark B.

TMO Supporting Vendors