The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
USA
I'm John Hartman. I've been playing with late model Mustangs since the mid 90's. They have always been drag race based, but street cars first.

I've owned my current car since early 2013 and chased dragstrip et's, little by little until I made an 8 second pass in 2018 and stopped chasing dragstrip et's. In late 19', I had a new engine built and pulled out all the stops (the ones I was willing to pull) and the car made 1101 rwhp when all was said and done.

I grew tired of the drag suspension and changed it up this spring. I spent a a couple months reading everything I could on TMO, spoke with my suspension guy and then made some purchases, with streetability as my top priority.

My next move was to try SCCA Solo, but just for fun. I will never make the changes to this car or devote enough time driving to be competitive.

I do pull boost and spark down and I run the course in a gear too high in an attempt to tame the car down, as it makes over 800 rwtq at very low rpms.

I added Bilstein HD's, 260/200 springs, c.c. plates, White Line sway bars, 19x11's and 295/35 RT660's.

Wow, I am enjoying the car so much more on my weekend drives. I've attended a couple test and tunes with my local SCCA. One thing I like about this is, the test track is always the same, so I can compete with myself on the same course.

I do plan to try at least one local competition in 2022.

Thanks to this site for all of the technical information. I have learned a lot.

20211010_185729.jpg

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
I'm John Hartman. I've been playing with late model Mustangs since the mid 90's. They have always been drag race based, but street cars first.

I've owned my current car since early 2013 and chased dragstrip et's, little by little until I made an 8 second pass in 2018 and stopped chasing dragstrip et's. In late 19', I had a new engine built and pulled out all the stops (the ones I was willing to pull) and the car made 1101 rwhp when all was said and done.

I grew tired of the drag suspension and changed it up this spring. I spent a a couple months reading everything I could on TMO, spoke with my suspension guy and then made some purchases, with streetability as my top priority.

My next move was to try SCCA Solo, but just for fun. I will never make the changes to this car or devote enough time driving to be competitive.

I do pull boost and spark down and I run the course in a gear too high in an attempt to tame the car down, as it makes over 800 rwtq at very low rpms.

I added Bilstein HD's, 260/200 springs, c.c. plates, White Line sway bars, 19x11's and 295/35 RT660's.

Wow, I am enjoying the car so much more on my weekend drives. I've attended a couple test and tunes with my local SCCA. One thing I like about this is, the test track is always the same, so I can compete with myself on the same course.

View attachment 69484
Welcome John! Good to have you. I know you listed out your mods in your signature, but if you find some time, please do submit the car here:

Doing so will make it show up in your signature automatically with a thumbnail and all. That thing looks like a beast by the way.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

View attachment 69484
Welcome!

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
USA
Welcome John! Good to have you. I know you listed out your mods in your signature, but if you find some time, please do submit the car here:

Doing so will make it show up in your signature automatically with a thumbnail and all. That thing looks like a beast by the way.
Done and done. Thank you. 👍

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
With the power you have and your extensive experience , John, with a little practice you will likely be a Hart man to beat - pun intended, ha. Great write up and solid to know TMO has been a big help in getting your fast lady ready to run at a road course or autocross.

Welcome!

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
USA
With the power you have and your extensive experience , John, with a little practice you will likely be a Hart man to beat - pun intended, ha. Great write up and solid to know TMO has been a big help in getting your fast lady ready to run at a road course or autocross.

Welcome!
Thanks Guys. I appreciate the kind and funny (Bill!) words. 👍

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Guess I have to introduce myself before I can chat with others. Just an autocrosser looking around....

View attachment 70480
Cool ride and welcome! Don't forget to do a car profile and build thread.

Last edited:

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Guess I have to introduce myself before I can chat with others. Just an autocrosser looking around....

View attachment 70480

View attachment 70480
Sorry Rob, we had to institute the minimum post before a PM can be sent because we were getting scammers registering and sending people PMs trying to rip them off. This acts as a deterrent, and also pushes people to introduce themselves.

That foxbody looks all business by the way.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Cool ride and welcome! Don't forget to do a care profile and build thread.

Look at that, got people encouraging vehicle profile creation :hellyeah: Thanks Mark!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

View attachment 70480
I'd like to hear about the ABS in this car....did Fox Bodies come with ABS or is this something you added?

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Pittsburgh, PA
Hi folks,

New here. Long time autocross (2000 onwards), with a few years hillclimbing (SCCA Solo1/TimeTrials) and road racing (SCCA comp license). I took a few years off while I worked overseas.

Just recently got a 2021 Mach 1. Strange story, I ordered one in April, was strung along by Ford until it was cancelled in November due to supply chain issues. I found one on Facebook with 30 miles (10 by owner, 20 by Ford) with all of the plastic/stickers still on it. I flew out and drove it cross-country home.

Planned use of the Mach 1 - Track days/Track night in America , some Time Trials, and the occasional autocross. Especially since the "super ponies" were moved from BS to FS recently.

front.jpeg

rear.jpeg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Hi folks,

New here. Long time autocross (2000 onwards), with a few years hillclimbing (SCCA Solo1/TimeTrials) and road racing (SCCA comp license). I took a few years off while I worked overseas.

Just recently got a 2021 Mach 1. Strange story, I ordered one in April, was strung along by Ford until it was cancelled in November due to supply chain issues. I found one on Facebook with 30 miles (10 by owner, 20 by Ford) with all of the plastic/stickers still on it. I flew out and drove it cross-country home.

Planned use of the Mach 1 - Track days/Track night in America , some Time Trials, and the occasional autocross. Especially since the "super ponies" were moved from BS to FS recently.

View attachment 70805

View attachment 70806
Awesome find! How come the owner sold?

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Olsburg, KS
I've been using TMO for information for a while, so decided I should sign up. My info shows 20+ years of experience, but that's a bit deceiving. I probably have a total of 3-4 complete seasons of autocrossing, 100 passes on drag strips, and about 8 HPDE events (Gingerman and Hallett). It just happens to be spread out over 20+ years. I was first introduced to autocrossing when I was going to college by Brian (Gearz). He was the KSU SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) president at the time and did a few seminars on vehicle dynamics. We put it to the test on the autocross course. I've drag raced 5 different cars, of which only the Roush has any power. The '68 Cougar pictured to the left is my first car (got it as a 15 year old in 1988) and is also the first car I ever drag raced. It was/is a high 14 second car. The Bullitt runs in the 13s and so far the Roush has only been driven in the 12s. It's fully capable of low 11s given better traction, decent air and some more aggressive driving. So to sum it up, the Cougar is my first car, the Bullitt is the first new Mustang I ever bought, and the Roush is the first supercharged Mustang I've ever had.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Olsburg, KS
Between the Bullitt and the Roush, I'm sure you have your hands full...Hang on tight and Welcome to the rodeo......;)........Do people ever get the New York Manhattan confused with the KS one??
Thanks! I'm sure some people get confused, but you'd definitely know which one you were at if you visited :) The Manhattan I live in is sometimes called "The Little Apple". The whole town is somewhere around 55k people. I've really enjoyed having both cars. I just got the Roush this past January, so it's pretty new to me yet. Getting used to 750hp after having only 315hp in the Bullitt has been quite a change. The Roush is definitely faster, but I still enjoy getting the Bullitt out, too.

TMO Supporting Vendors