The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Thank you for letting my join. I'm living in Bellevue, Ne... Know of a member on here of Bill Pemberton that told me to check it out. I grew up with Bill's son Ryan and worked with Bill for many years and He, Bob Woodhouse and Mark Jorgenson actually got me into autocross in my youth. Life happened and i'm debating on finding a 'stang to set up for Autocross once again.. I have a 1999 Saleen S281SC that I have been working on restoring that's finally drivable. Look forward to building some friendships and meeting some of you.
Talon
You have a great looking ride. Welcome to the site.

Not too sure I would tell anyone I knew Bill though. We try to keep the site classy. LOL. 🤣 :biggrin:

Bill taught me everything I know about driving. Now if I could get him to teach me everything he knows, that would be something.

Will you be at the Roundup this year?

Again, welcome to the site.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Bellevue, Ne
Talon
You have a great looking ride. Welcome to the site.

Not too sure I would tell anyone I knew Bill though. We try to keep the site classy. LOL. 🤣 :biggrin:

Bill taught me everything I know about driving. Now if I could get him to teach me everything he knows, that would be something.

Will you be at the Roundup this year?

Again, welcome to the site.
Haven't heard about the round up honestly.

Yeah us Blair guys have to stick together....HAHA... Bill is a great guy.. Sold my dad his Challenger SRT8 back in 07/08...my dad passed and now I have that in the stable as well. But yeah some of my finest weekends growing up was hanging at Mid America Motorplex at the road course or at one of the autocross events (Lincoln airpark comes to my mind) with Bob, Bill and Mark.. all three can def wheel a car well. Another from the old Woodhouse days was Pat Orr..he retired and is out in Fremont but not sure He is tracking or doing any autocross anymore.

I'm hopping to find a decent pony to start some Autocross again. The Saleen has come a long way. She was pretty rough.. the upper right outer side of the torque box was torn away; holes were all egged out.. thankfully i have a friend that is a welder and a fabricator and we got that squared back up on a Friday night in the shop. Mechanically it's about there.. the rear suspension is solid now (koni yellows, Saleen springs, new upper control arms, MM adj height lowers with MM full subframe connectors) and new brakes all around. (brakes are still squishy some so need to rebleed them out) I'm about to address the front, plan to do a MM tubular K member and arms and swap the struts in favor of coil overs. And fix a power steering hose that leaking a little. The interior is about all back together though. Once I iron out all the mechanical and it's how i want it..i'll be painting and doing body work.

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
VA
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum here but have had my GT350 since 2017. I drag race my GT350 and have countless hours and dollars spent. I am looking to gain knowledge on Aerodynamics and reducing drag while still maintaining decent cooling for driving on the street. My Instagram handle is @Moonrevz and I look forward to hearing from you guys / learning more.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Northern Virginia
New member here from Northern Virginia. Had a '14 GT Track Pack for several years that my son and I autox/HPDE before family medical issues determined otherwise and the Mustang had to be let go. I've been on/off looking for a replacement the last year or so to throw all the parts at it that were amassed and the right Mustang just hasn't presented itself. At the suggestion of Terry Fair, I'll post up some of the amassed parts in the classified section if newbies are allowed to do that.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Raleigh, NC
New member here from Northern Virginia. Had a '14 GT Track Pack for several years that my son and I autox/HPDE before family medical issues determined otherwise and the Mustang had to be let go. I've been on/off looking for a replacement the last year or so to throw all the parts at it that were amassed and the right Mustang just hasn't presented itself. At the suggestion of Terry Fair, I'll post up some of the amassed parts in the classified section if newbies are allowed to do that.
Welcome!

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
California
My names Jordan I’m 21 currently working and going to school to be a mechanic. Overall goal is to build and work on race cars. I’m extremely into everything that is at a track. Cars, people, shops if the track has them, and so on. Currently turning my 17 gt into a somewhat dedicated track car but also want to be able to drive it on the street as well. Hoping to get all the info I can get out of these threads.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Welcome
Nice to see new/young blood enjoying the sport.
The good news is that you don't have to spend a bunch of money on your car to have fun. Get with a local track, group, organization that runs at local tracks or autocross and LEARN as much as you can while driving what you have. Make you car safe Now and work on the driver first. Minor brake upgrades, solid tires and Practice, Practice, Practice will make the sport fun and save you the pain of learning what does not work.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
California
Welcome
Nice to see new/young blood enjoying the sport.
The good news is that you don't have to spend a bunch of money on your car to have fun. Get with a local track, group, organization that runs at local tracks or autocross and LEARN as much as you can while driving what you have. Make you car safe Now and work on the driver first. Minor brake upgrades, solid tires and Practice, Practice, Practice will make the sport fun and save you the pain of learning what does not work.
Appreciate the reply. Always love hearing what the more experienced guys have to say. Definitely will get on track soon.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Welcome Jordan, what part of california are you in?

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Nashville, Tennessee
Hello all,

I am a new Boss 302 owner in the Nashville area. This is my first road course focused car as I’m really coming from a drag racing background. I’ve owned north of 10 Mustangs so far ranging from 9 second foxes, a 2013 GT500, and two Gen3 Coyote cars recently (both 10R80).

I’m looking forward to getting into road course racing.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Nashville TN
Hello all,

I am a new Boss 302 owner in the Nashville area. This is my first road course focused car as I’m really coming from a drag racing background. I’ve owned north of 10 Mustangs so far ranging from 9 second foxes, a 2013 GT500, and two Gen3 Coyote cars recently (both 10R80).

Welcome aboard! I'm in the Nashville area so if you have questions about local events or anything let me know.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Hello all,

Welcome!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Colmar, FRANCE
Hello!

I’m Alex, from France.
I just bought a Mustang racecar and have a lot to learn here from you :)

I just sold my E36 BMW M3 that I used for 11 years on track.
I mainly do trackdays, and Hillclimb from time to time.
02C7C21C-2378-441C-B13B-6F475ED2C2D6.png
One little video

I just did one drift event just before selling it, it was a lot of fun !
C99290BA-8861-4AC8-B6E6-BB9E3A208674.jpeg
Driftcup 2022

I hope I will get as much fun in the Mustang!

See you soon on this forum!

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Hello!

I’m Alex, from France.

View attachment 77479
One little video

View attachment 77480
Driftcup 2022

I'd like to see some in-car videos from your tracks over there. :)

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Gibsonia, PA
Hello!

I’m Alex, from France.

View attachment 77479
One little video

View attachment 77480
Driftcup 2022

Alex, welcome to the forum!

TMO Supporting Vendors