The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Poland
Hi there,
I'm Michael im 39 and I'm from Poland
I'm an car mechanic and used to drift 200SX before (some times time attack)...now bought 2015 Mustang GT and want to race it instead - I think it was used for some of this kind activity before and with your help would like to find some story about it. Best regards!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Welcome and though no one here may know the story behind the car, if you send the vehicle identification number someone might be able to pull something up for you if originally sold in the United States.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Hi there,
I'm Michael im 39 and I'm from Poland
I'm an car mechanic and used to drift 200SX before (some times time attack)...now bought 2015 Mustang GT and want to race it instead - I think it was used for some of this kind activity before and with your help would like to find some story about it. Best regards!
Welcome!

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Florida
Hello,

My name is Adrian and I’m the owner of a 2019 DHG Bullitt Mustang. I’ve done lots of modifications to my car (suspension, LTHs, nitrous and other miscellaneous things) to make it fit me. It’s been a work in progress ever since 2020. I’m currently in the middle of rebuilding my MT82-D4 transmission (first rodeo as far as this goes) and I’m praying for a successful outcome. So far the rebuild has been going fairly smoothly.

C1353E81-7854-4704-B0B9-3783223A49FC.jpeg

353920FE-D54F-4359-8A4A-02EED4FC3430.jpeg

0763EDAB-B80F-46FD-9092-4461376F03C2.jpeg

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Canada
Hi my name is Ian and I live in Canada, Vancouver. I was introduced to this forum from a member on Mustang6G forum. I purchased my Mach1 this year and have done a few track days and did the 2 day Track Attack with Ford Performance School in Charlotte. I would call myself intermediate at this stage. I have been a Ford guy since I moved over from South Africa 16 years ago. 1st car I got in Canada was the GT Mustang but it didn't do too well in the snow. So I have gone thru a few F150's over the years and now drive a Ford Ranger as my daily car. I am now in my late 50's so decided that this will be my last chance to have some fun therefore decided to start Tracking. Anyways, the electric storm seems to be threating the aspirated so maybe these are the last years of combustible?

IMG_4333.jpg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Hi my name is Ian and I live in Canada, Vancouver. I was introduced to this forum from a member on Mustang6G forum. I purchased my Mach1 this year and have done a few track days and did the 2 day Track Attack with Ford Performance School in Charlotte. I would call myself intermediate at this stage. I have been a Ford guy since I moved over from South Africa 16 years ago. 1st car I got in Canada was the GT Mustang but it didn't do too well in the snow. So I have gone thru a few F150's over the years and now drive a Ford Ranger as my daily car. I am now in my late 50's so decided that this will be my last chance to have some fun therefore decided to start Tracking. Anyways, the electric storm seems to be threating the aspirated so maybe these are the last years of combustible?

View attachment 82169
Welcome!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
That Green Bullitt looks more like a " Cruise Missile " --- wicked! Welcome to the friendliest Ford Forum around, so do keep us posted on the MT-82 rebuild and we wish you major success.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Heh, Ian, welcome from another Mach 1 owner and glad to see you got yours with the " Handling Package." Even though our car is touted as one of he most track oriented Mustangs ever, the bulk of the Ford Dealers ordered the beasts with all the garbage options to up their profit ( sans handling pack ), meaning there are not that many out there built as the Engineers designed! Post yours on the " Build Thread " so we get an idea of all you have done, even if just minor , and don't forget to go over to the registry for the Mach 1s and fill out your info. Welcome and I look forward to trading notes next year , since I know you have your Mustang all buttoned up now as I do. Temperature outside is -10 here , an even Pemberton , BC , north of you , is warmer at -8 , haha!

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Olsburg, KS
Thank you! I was hoping Steve would approve.
I'm not the Steve you're thinking of, but I approve, too! Always nice to see Bullitts being used and not just for shows. If you're a Bullitt fan in general, you might check out the Bullitt Nationals coming up this next year in Detroit. It's during the Woodward Dream Cruise week. I know there's a pretty active group of Bullittheads in Florida, too. We were in Kissimmee a couple of years ago and watched the original 559 Bullitt car get sold.

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Florida
I'm not the Steve you're thinking of, but I approve, too! Always nice to see Bullitts being used and not just for shows. If you're a Bullitt fan in general, you might check out the Bullitt Nationals coming up this next year in Detroit. It's during the Woodward Dream Cruise week. I know there's a pretty active group of Bullittheads in Florida, too. We were in Kissimmee a couple of years ago and watched the original 559 Bullitt car get sold.
I‘ve never heard of the Bullitt Nationals, but it sure does sound like it would be a really cool event to attend.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Olsburg, KS
I‘ve never heard of the Bullitt Nationals, but it sure does sound like it would be a really cool event to attend.
If you do Facebook, they have a group "Bullitt Nationals" and also "Hoondog Performance Group" (the organization that puts it on). The IMBOC.com website also has info on it. They've got some good connections with Ford, so there's always cool stuff that happens. In 2014 we were able to make a lap (at 80+mph most of the time) around the Romeo Proving Grounds track. We've also had tours of the Edsel Ford home, Roush industries, Mike Berardi collection and a number of other things. This year should be a good one, too. We'll start off the beginning of the week with the Mohawk Track Experience at Gingerman. The guy that runs it has several Bullitts including a twin turbo 2001 that he bought new. They should have a schedule figured out sometime early next year ( it'll be the week of August 14 starting with the MTE and ending with the Mustang Memories show on Sunday). This will be the 3rd time it's being held in Detroit.

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Florida
If you do Facebook, they have a group "Bullitt Nationals" and also "Hoondog Performance Group" (the organization that puts it on). The IMBOC.com website also has info on it. They've got some good connections with Ford, so there's always cool stuff that happens. In 2014 we were able to make a lap (at 80+mph most of the time) around the Romeo Proving Grounds track. We've also had tours of the Edsel Ford home, Roush industries, Mike Berardi collection and a number of other things. This year should be a good one, too. We'll start off the beginning of the week with the Mohawk Track Experience at Gingerman. The guy that runs it has several Bullitts including a twin turbo 2001 that he bought new. They should have a schedule figured out sometime early next year ( it'll be the week of August 14 starting with the MTE and ending with the Mustang Memories show on Sunday). This will be the 3rd time it's being held in Detroit.
Thanks for rhe heads-up. I don’t have FB, but my wife does. I’ll jump on there and take a look.

Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
California
Hey there guys! I was recommended to TMO by @Fabman . Pretty new to the mustang community as most of my experience from working on cars is from Nissan/infinitis and old Alfa Romeos weird combo I know 😂. I have a 2007 5mt Red fire Mustang GT California Special with all of the packages. Right now it is my daily driver but I really want something that I can take to the track as well as I’m just getting into this.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Hey there guys! I was recommended to TMO by @Fabman . Pretty new to the mustang community as most of my experience from working on cars is from Nissan/infinitis and old Alfa Romeos weird combo I know 😂. I have a 2007 5mt Red fire Mustang GT California Special with all of the packages. Right now it is my daily driver but I really want something that I can take to the track as well as I’m just getting into this.
Welcome, glad you made it. You’ll find lots of knowledgeable folks here and plenty of great information on the site. Feel free to ask any questions and don’t forget to fill out the build portion of your profile and post pics!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Welcome and you will find your friend , Fabman, offers plenty of solid advice and race/mod/tech data and is very well respected on this Forum. The plus is many members here are very willing to help, offer advice, list their experience with mods , etc. and it is an easy going , fun loving site also.

Glad to have your here.

TMO Supporting Vendors