The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Hi everyone! I registered about a month ago but haven't posted yet. Decided that I'll start with a quick intro. My name is Josh and I am looking to start a basic entry-level track build on the base of my pretty much stock 03 GT. It's not a fast car by any means but I guess it will do it for me at this point of life. My main concern for now are the wheels & suspension and I did some reading here on the forum. I will post my questions in the appropriate sections of the forum. Thanks!
Welcome

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Hi everyone! I registered about a month ago but haven't posted yet. Decided that I'll start with a quick intro. My name is Josh and I am looking to start a basic entry-level track build on the base of my pretty much stock 03 GT. It's not a fast car by any means but I guess it will do it for me at this point of life. My main concern for now are the wheels & suspension and I did some reading here on the forum. I will post my questions in the appropriate sections of the forum. Thanks!
Welcome!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Hi all,

Recently picked up a 2020 Twister Orange GT350R(had a 2017 Grabber Blue GT350 that I sold last year). Based out of the Bay Area and really looking forward to some track days. Wanted to introduce myself and see what you guys think.
Welcome!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Drop that Orange Appeal beast in the " Build Thread " so we can all know all about the machine. You will see plenty of folks on here from the Bay Area, so pretty likely you will meet plenty of TMO Trackrats when racing at Thunderhill, Sonoma and Laguna Seca.

Welcome!

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Gurnee, IL
Hello,

I’m a new member here I thought I would post. I’m in the Chicago northern suburbs area and interested in trying autocross for the first time. I have a 99 cobra I have owned for coming up on 20 years with some mild suspension upgrades and looking to participate in some entry level cam-t events with it this year. I’m hoping to learn a lot this year and get some beginners seat time in before taking the car to the next level in the future. I’ll be keeping my eye out for local events that I can attend when the weather here turns nice. My first order of business is to replace the tires on the car as they are old dried and cracked so I have already been reading through the forums about 200TW tires, that has led me to this website. Thanks!

Andy, New shoes surly sounds like the first order of business!!!!....Seat time is the next major thing you need to take on.After that, You need to listen,take in what your car is needing, lacking, in order for you to move forward...........Good Luck!!!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Hello,

I’m a new member here I thought I would post. I’m in the Chicago northern suburbs area and interested in trying autocross for the first time. I have a 99 cobra I have owned for coming up on 20 years with some mild suspension upgrades and looking to participate in some entry level cam-t events with it this year. I’m hoping to learn a lot this year and get some beginners seat time in before taking the car to the next level in the future. I’ll be keeping my eye out for local events that I can attend when the weather here turns nice. My first order of business is to replace the tires on the car as they are old dried and cracked so I have already been reading through the forums about 200TW tires, that has led me to this website. Thanks!
Welcome!

Bay Area
Hi all,

Recently picked up a 2020 Twister Orange GT350R(had a 2017 Grabber Blue GT350 that I sold last year). Based out of the Bay Area and really looking forward to some track days. Wanted to introduce myself and see what you guys think.
Welcome. I’m in the Peninsula. You can spot my shitty mustang at the local tracks. A few of us try to get together and meet up at the same events.

Last edited:

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Its proven that Oxford White is the fastest color that Ford currently produces. Holla holla to La Jolla.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Oh, great, thanks for the info Paddy Prix, I wish I had known that Oxford White was the fastest before I sold my Boss S. Hopefully Iconic Silver is the second fastest as I recently purchased a new vehicle for my wife and I can't be changing colors again this soon.

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Oh, great, thanks for the info Paddy Prix, I wish I had known that Oxford White was the fastest before I sold my Boss S. Hopefully Iconic Silver is the second fastest as I recently purchased a new vehicle for my wife and I can't be changing colors again this soon.
Only one way to find out, and should you get bored and come out this way with it, plenty of 3M White 2080 vinyl here with your name on it.

Perhaps one might say, I've got you covered.

Fastest colors are only effective if the wind is blowing in the right direction...........Comp Orange doesn't need that help.............Oh Boy, what did I start Here???????????.....We're ALL fast..just keep it waxed.....and EVERYBODY will be HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........I used to wax a car in a half hr in the day....now more time than I want to admit ............It's a labor of love, so it's worth it!!!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Its proven that Oxford White is the fastest color that Ford currently produces. Holla holla to La Jolla.
Oxford white is for Haulers, Performance white is for Racecars.

IMG_1833 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Washington
Hulloz!
I'm Dana, reside in Pacific Northwest.
Retired in 2004, US Air Force
Been racing cars/ET, king of street, drag and motorcycles/ET, king of street, drag, road racing in the ArkLaTex events.
Still have my 1990 ZX7-R and of course the 1986 LX 5.0.

Been lurking for a week to see if I like it here... Its an attempt to surround myself by my peers and learn stuff. Osmosis works best for me. If you stand too close... I absorb everything you know.

I don't like to pay anyone to do anything unless I don't like doing it, so... I do everything myself, unless I don't want to.
So I learned all aspects of metal and fiberglass fabrication and built my own cars and bikes.

My friends call my an asshole all the time so... it must be true. Hence, I apologize in advance.

With that, thank you for having me, and the warm welcome.

TMO Supporting Vendors