The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Please introduce yourself and tell us about your other cars and interest.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Re: New Introductions

Well even though I've been around the block here a time or two, I figure I'll give Rick some love for cleaning up the forums :):

I'm Sean and I'm a P-3C NFO with 6 years on active duty. I've done 2 deployments hitting 5 of the 7 continents along the way. I currently reside in Florida but am moving out to California in February. I've been married to my wife, Julie, since July of 2011 and we just welcomed our first child, Jackson, back in October (I get to meet him tomorrow!). My Boss is my 2nd Mustang, the first being an '06 GT I bought when I couldn't get a Shelby for sticker. I also have a 2006 MINI Cooper S John Cooper Works edition, which is 1 of less than 100 in the world in purple haze with silver roof and the JCW package. It's my daily driver. The wife has a VW Passat, which surprisingly isn't too bad to drive and easy on gas. So amongst the 3 cars, I have the trifecta: a N/A (Boss), a S/C (MINI), and a turbo (VW). Think that's kinda cool.

We're both avid fans of the University of Florida and have a lot of navy in our blood. We are currently 3 year season ticket holders for the Jaguars (laugh, I know).

I've been on here as well but dont get to post as much since I dont drive the Boss often. My name is Eddie and I am currently stationed in Italy. I'm a Chief Warrant Officer so life is not too bad. I try to hit up as many track days as possible here but they are mostly in northern Italy so 5-7 hour drives are typical. I sold my Dodge Ram when I got order to here but we shipped my wife's new Jetta over since we didnt want to let it sit for three years. I also have a Naples beater which is an Audi that I had the pleasure of hitting someone with, on purpose, when they cut me off. Talk about exciting. ;D

Anyways, I plan to retire in about 4 years, 8 months, and 4 days. Not that I'm counting. I plan to retire in Kansas since we bought a home there a few years ago. And I like that I can make my way to each coast to visit tracks (my retirement plan), without too long of a drive. Better than driving from Florida at least.

Hope to see you guys at some events, eventually.

I am Mike from Long Island, NY. I am currently looking for one new & one old "toy" and am considering Boss's amongst several options. I have owned several Ford performance cars, including Mach's, 65 (#017), 66 (#1446), & 67 (#1385) GT 350's.

I did not see a wanted section in the forum, perhaps I am missing it?

I would like to get feedback from the members here as to what the major differences are between the 12's & 13's and honest appraisals of what packages are worth getting.

Thanks.

Mike

Shelby6T5 said:
I am Mike from Long Island, NY. I am currently looking for one new & one old "toy" and am considering Boss's amongst several options. I have owned several Ford performance cars, including Mach's, 65 (#017), 66 (#1446), & 67 (#1385) GT 350's.

I would like to get feedback from the members here as to what the major differences are between the 12's & 13's and honest appraisals of what packages are worth getting.

Thanks.

Mike
Hi Mike and welcome to BMO. Post what you're looking for in the classified for sale section and title it WTB: xxxx

Other than cosmetics there are few differences between the two years. The running gear and suspension are identical except for the 2013's omitting skip shift. So pick which look you like and go for it.

Hi everybody my name is John. I am new here at Steeda Autosports and I will be taking over for Brandon (SteedaBrandon) on this board. I look forward to getting to know you guys and helping you out when I can. Please let me know what you think of our products and support and if you need anything please feel free to reply or PM me. Look forward to participating on this board. Thanks for having me!

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

Shelby6T5 said:

Thanks.

Mike

IMHO, the '13's have funny looking noses ;D LOL, just kidding. Welcome to the site ! I am very happy with my Laguna Seca, but as many guys here on the site can tell you, it's entirely feasible to mod your way into the changes from a regular Boss 302 that mean much to you as well as go well beyond that into 302S territory. If you are going to track the car but are not of the mind to gut it, you probably want to go with the Recaro seats. The Torsen rear end is also a 'must have' IMO. If you find a '12 you'll get the analog gauge POD which I actually prefer. In the '13 you'll have non-performance options that were not available in the '12. All in all the cars are very close to identical, however the '13's have a better airflow into the engine compartment to assist in engine temp management. I've never had any issues with overheating in my '12, and some '13 owners have had some issues. It seems to be more related to altitude above sea level and the density of the air than anything else. Again, if you track the car assume you'll be looking into replacing the shifter mechanism, you can find a lot of info on that here on the forum.

-Pete

Sesshomurai

PeteInCT said:
Shelby6T5 said:

Thanks.

Mike

IMHO, the '13's have funny looking noses ;D LOL, just kidding. Welcome to the site ! I am very happy with my Laguna Seca, but as many guys here on the site can tell you, it's entirely feasible to mod your way into the changes from a regular Boss 302 that mean much to you as well as go well beyond that into 302S territory. If you are going to track the car but are not of the mind to gut it, you probably want to go with the Recaro seats. The Torsen rear end is also a 'must have' IMO. If you find a '12 you'll get the analog gauge POD which I actually prefer. In the '13 you'll have non-performance options that were not available in the '12. All in all the cars are very close to identical, however the '13's have a better airflow into the engine compartment to assist in engine temp management. I've never had any issues with overheating in my '12, and some '13 owners have had some issues. It seems to be more related to altitude above sea level and the density of the air than anything else. Again, if you track the car assume you'll be looking into replacing the shifter mechanism, you can find a lot of info on that here on the forum.

-Pete

Ditto

Hi, Jason from San Diego.

I bought my 2012 Boss Mustang about 7 months ago. I love to track and have done Auto-X, Road Racing, Time Attack and Open Track Days on and off for the last 14 years. Before the Boss, I have had a Nismo 350z, an SRT-4, an Evo IX, Mazdaspeed Protege, VW GTI, etc.

Hope to meet some of you out at the track.

Been on for a little while. I'm Jim, from Greenville, SC. Had the Boss (1289) over a year now, have around 8400 miles. I have owned MANY fun cars over my 49 years: 69 Fastback, 70 Mach 1, 67 GTO, 68 GTO Judge, 1988 911, 2007 Cayman, maybe I left out a couple, I can't remember. Have tracked this Boss once at Road Atlanta, will do it many more times when I get the chance!

Robert here from Southeast Florida. I just picked up a school bus yellow leguna seca today. It's at Steeda getting their serialized upgrade. I changed their package only a little by getting piano black forgestar f14s, Michelin pilot super sport tires, and a CDC grill. Also probably upgrading the front and rear brakes to black Brembo. I'll post pictures when it comes back home.

milestogo said:
Robert here from Southeast Florida. I just picked up a school bus yellow leguna seca today. It's at Steeda getting their serialized upgrade. I changed their package only a little by getting piano black forgestar f14s, Michelin pilot super sport tires, and a CDC grill. Also probably upgrading the front and rear brakes to black Brembo. I'll post pictures when it comes back home.
Welcome and please post photos when you can.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.

NFSBOSS said:
Sean, I look forward to possibly meeting you next year, hopefully at a Laguna Seca track day!

Rick, I'll be there. Maybe not to drive but to enjoy the track. I definitely feel more comfortable having someone else who has driven the track and the car a few times to hang around with me to make sure I don't do something stupid. :)

Hi, I've been on this forum since June when I picked up my Boss. I posted some photos back then but never really made a formal introduction. My name is Chris, but I usually just go by CJ. I live in Bucks County PA which is just north of Philadelphia. I am married (2nd marriage.. going much better than the first lol) and have two awesome kids from my first marriage, they are my pride and joy. I am a Police Officer and have been serving for 14 years. I work for a police department in Bucks County and am currently a Corporal assigned to the patrol division as a squad supervisor and FTO. I have owned 3 mustangs in my life, along with a few other sporty type cars. My first stang was a '90 GT, my second was a 2004 SVT Cobra vert and now the Boss. I have also previously owned a 1998 Vette and a 2002 WRX. The Boss is definitely my favorite! I don't DD the Boss and unfortunately with winter upon us here in PA it will be sitting in the garage for a few months.

PeteInCT

Connecticut

Chris - we should meet up at Pocono or NJMP next season. I have a good buddy Terry in Lancaster that drives with me in the Audi NEQ club. He has an S4 and an NSX, but we won't hold that against him ;D

PeteInCT said:
Chris - we should meet up at Pocono or NJMP next season. I have a good buddy Terry in Lancaster that drives with me in the Audi NEQ club. He has an S4 and an NSX, but we won't hold that against him ;D

Sounds like a possibility.

Well, I guess I never introduced myself either so here it goes. I'm not very interesting guy so this will be short. I'm 32, been in the military for about 10 years now, married with 2 kids. My current DD is an '11 Grand Cherokee but the Mrs really wants it so when I get back from my current deployment, I will be looking at the Focus ST and VW GTI. I've owned 6 Mustangs. My first was a '68 coupe that my father and I restored. After the 68, I purchased a 96 Cobra vert but hated the drop top so I sold it for a 97 hard top Cobra. After that Cobra I got out of Mustangs for a bit since I was coming into the military and couldn't afford nice vehicles. In 2009 I bought a '10 Mustang GT. After 8 months of owning that the new 5.0 came out and I made the mistake of test driving one. I traded in my '10 on a new '11 5.0 and loved that car but hated it being black. When they announced the resurrection of the Boss I was heartbroken because I didn't think I could ever realistically afford one. Well, in the spring of this year, my grandmother passed away and before she did, she told me to spend some of my inheritance on something fun and illogical. That's how Boss #0672, came to be mine. I did have some other sports cars in between, but nothing compares to this car. I currently live near St Louis so if anyone is ever near by, send me an email and the first round is on me.
Nate

PeteInCT

Connecticut

Nate - Great story. And thanks for your service ! I am somewhat associated with the Wounded Warriors Project, my primary car club here in New England has a nice day planned for them each spring at our first event in May at LimeRock Park. I've met a lot of great men and woman who served and who really need something fun to take their minds off of their challenges left with them from service. The day includes some VERY hot laps (actually full 30 minute sessions) with instructors throughout the day. When we first started the project we were a little concerned that some of the guys and gals would not be comfortable at very high speeds, so everyone started out the day pretty much driving at 50% at the most, making sure all passengers were OK with the speeds. All we heard from them was "faster, faster! I thought this thing was a race car!". Not one of them had any fear whatsoever and soon the guys were actually driving harder then they normally do when driving alone. I remember one young man who stated that "it's a hell of a lot better than driving and taking on fire in an M1 Abrams" ;D . It's a reflection of what they went through when they served, being a passenger in a 160 MPH car without knowing the driver at all and have never been on a race track was a walk in the park for them.

TMO Supporting Vendors