The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Members in Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas keep us posted?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I may be in an area with a high threat of Tornadoes , but I can not imagine the devastation of jet force winds, storm surge, and the deluge of rain that could last for days? Please know many of your fellow TMO Forum members have you safety in their thoughts and we hope you will use this Forum , or the TMO Facebook site , to keep us aware that you are in a safe spot? Some of you may just call your friends in other parts of the US, but do let us know how you are doing in the coming days ( as best you can) as Dorian looks to be as dangerous as any Hurricane we have seen in the last few decades. Take care, head North if you can , and God Bless!

Be safe out there. I survived Hurricane Rita in 2005 but where I was at in South Beach didn't take a direct hit. For a CA native it was fun seeing palm trees with 90 degrees in them.

I'm on the west coast of Florida... no longer expecting much of anything but rain. Maybe a tornado or so but these are 'little" tornadoes, not like the town-wreckers you see in Oklahoma.

My house is concrete block and hardened with impact glass (think-double glazed car windshield!) hurricane rated doors and roof straps. Garage included! I wouldn't even leave home for a Cat 3 unless the storm surge was over 12 feet or so.

Thanks for the kind thoughts and all. Hope all the east-coasters fare well!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks for the update Eric and I have a bunch of friends and customers along the coast of Georgia and the Carolinas also, and now that area is looking super scary for damage too. We are all hoping for the best for so many in this growing impact hurricane area!!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Constant change on Dorian's track, and seriously, let us know you are safe TMO members? Plenty of friends in Georgia and the Carolinas, also , and this looks to be worse than Michael that devastated the area not that long ago. Watch and please evacuate if necessary?

Last edited:
Watched the news at 6....Dorian stalled 100 miles off Florida...Bahamas are a MESS......Will move north/east hugging the coast and may clip North Carolina late Thursday as a Cat 1 storm. After that a ridge of high pressure should move it further out to sea and into Canada.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Ha, not uncommon though, for your Eastern Provinces to get some nasty NorEasters , and Dorian could sure turn into that --- might be tough on Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland , Prince Edward Island, and maybe even Labrador?

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Yes, we have had the odd one sneak across the border, without even needing the Mounties to carry it's luggage across the border. Hurricane Hazel in 1954 did a lot of damage everywhere it went, and it visited us, most of the damage was flooding. I have no recollection of it even though I was the ripe old age of 3 when she dropped in.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well the law is broken, and Hurricane Dorian will likely hit the Maritime provinces?! Good luck and safe passage hoped for Domestic Power and this Hurricane will go down as one of massive destruction and length of power?

Take care fellow North Americans and sure we have some folks in Mass., Rhode Island and Maine who are getting it now?

Hope Fastfordnut and Family are okay?

TMO Supporting Vendors