The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Method to lower shoulder harness?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've done some research on my issue, but haven't found much...

I've been slowly converting my 2017 GT-PP to a dedicated track-car over the last 2 years. I bought the base GT-PP car with the Recaro seat option, knowing I wanted to track the car and use these seats until I later got true race seats.

I installed the Cool-tech roll-hoop which includes a bar for wrapping my Schroth shoulder harnesses. The bar lines up height/vertical wise with the Recaro seats, but when I started using a Necksgen hans device, I realized that the openings in the Recaro seats are higher than the Boss 302 & GT350 Recaro seats! I am 5' 8", so my shoulders are just below the openings, so it does not secure the hans very well.

So, I would like to be able to lower the point at which the harness comes from the bar to the seats by an inch or two. Ideally, I would prefer NOT to have to cut or weld the existing roll hoop/bar.

I have found on some other forums where they have welded a second bar below the main one, but wondering if anyone has any experience with a bolt/add-on solution.

Appreciate any ideas!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel