The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

MGW and a GT350 Trans and Shifter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looks like George received @Tob 's hardware! Has anyone had any issues shifting their GT350 so far?

Last edited:
All,

Old thread, so let me know if I need to post this somewhere else that is more appropriate. Everyone saw the pics of the oil cooler while it was on the lift, with the main purpose to install an MGW shifter in the R. I have one in my 12' Boss and it was a drastic improvement in all aspects. No complaints with the stock one, my intent was to have the same feel and the additional stronger components in the R soonest in preparation for VIR in the 2 weeks. See the below pics:

https://www.facebook.com/mustangdons/photos/a.10154637252739104.1073741942.164460869103/10154648564479104/?type=3&theater

I will reply to this with my thoughts and comments after the event. 1st track event in the R, CAN"T WAIT!!!!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Considering that George has his own GT350 to use as a Test Mule , and he is AP ( Anal Perfectionist ) , I will wager the short throw shifter for the GT 350 will somewhere in the " Beyond Spectacular " realm. Have used his shifters in various cars of mine since around 2000 and they have always been the absolute best remedy in the business. Just my humble opinion of course , but ................................in this case I am 100% correct, ha!!

TMO Supporting Vendors