The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

MGW Installed By MGW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
Drove to MGW in Augusta Saturday morning and met George.Took him about 2 hours to do the install with alot BS'ing in between. Real nice guy. He has a 2013 LS. When done we took it for a ride. What a difference! So much more presice in all gears. Then he took me for a ride in his LS. Holy crap! What a different perspective riding shotgun.First and second rubber up to redline and perfect shifts. After I got home and knew what streets were good take a good run on I did a few 1-2 and 3-4 shifts af full throttle. Perfect to about 7000 rpm. Not one missed shift. 2-3 was such a big difference compared to the stock shifter. When you see the difference between what Ford installed and the MGW ,you just can't believe the difference in quality.Go to their website and watch the videos. You'll be hooked. Can't say enough great things about the MGW. Money well spent.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Yes, the MGW kool-aid tastes pretty good, doesn't it? Welcome to the ranks. Too bad you left the camera at home?! ??? :eek:

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
ace72ace said:
Yes, the MGW kool-aid tastes pretty good, doesn't it? Welcome to the ranks. Too bad you left the camera at home?! ??? :eek:
Damn. Thats a good idea,though a late idea. Could have taken some good pics while there.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Another happy MGW customer :) Hardest thing now for me is deciding which shift ball to run on the car for the week. This week is Black MGW Boss 302 Knob.

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
I have 3 different handles. A Hurst aluminum T , Hurst black anodized pistol grip and the stock ball currently on the car.Not sure which one I like the best. Probably change them out from time to time. Thinking about getting a yellow ball witk the Boss 302 on the sides for a little contrast in the interior from CJ Pony parts.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
How about some pix of the different handles on your MGW? Had seen the Hurst on one a while back, forget where...

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
Don't know if this worked or not?
http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg300/fbbob96/

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
There is simply no shift kit on the market today the equal to an MGW, and yes, George is one heck of a nice guy!!!

We have installed probably over 300 in Vipers and it is the only brand we recommend for Bosses.

Bill Pemberton
www.woodhouse.com

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but which shift kit do you guys recommend from MGW?

Is it this one.. http://www.mgwltd.com/2011-short_throw_shifter.shtml

Or should I get the heat shield with it?

Thanks - definitely want to do this mod on my 13 LS

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
SUFitness said:
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but which shift kit do you guys recommend from MGW?

Is it this one.. http://www.mgwltd.com/2011-short_throw_shifter.shtml

Or should I get the heat shield with it?

Thanks - definitely want to do this mod on my 13 LS
Yes, thats the one. I got the heat shield also,recomended by George,so that was good enough for me.

TMO Supporting Vendors