The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

MGW Mt-82 Shifter bushings.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just got done installing the MGW MT-82 shifter bushing and a two post bracket from Barton. I have a Barton shifter. I have nothing against the Blowfish bracket. It just made to much noise, "bag of marbles thing" even with the new gen 2 bracket. So this morning I replaced the BF with the MGW/Braton combo. The install of the MGW bushings was just as it is in the video, simple just time consuming. I did have to tap the bushing in, it was a snug fit. The Two post Barton bracket was also a simple install. Together it feels just like the Blowfish Bracket with out all the NVH. I don't even feel the shifter vibrate. Noise is about the same when I was just running the 1st gen Barton bracket. The run down on price, $25.00 for the MGW bushings. $104.00 for the Barton two post. Time to instal it, about 2 hours with removing the BF bracket.

Interesting. Which MGW bushing? Is it the most forward bushing attached to the tubular arm from the stock setup? Do you have a link for this bushing? I too have the Barton setup (FRPP branded) and am interested.....

It is the forward bushing that connects the arm to the transmission. It's not up on their web site yet, you have to call and order it.

I installed that bushing a month ago. Was not easy with the car on jack stands and by myself. You really have to manhandle that tranny to get the proper clearance for that bolt. Two people would of made the job easier. I replaced the bushing with the old MGW shifter. Big difference in shifting. The bushing alone, I don't know.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel