The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

MGW ordered, received, and installed thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
As there a bunch of folks who have ordered the MGW shifter, myself included, I thought it would be good to start a thread where everyone could list their order date, when their CC was charged - indicating shipment, and when delivered.

Installation pix, tips, and other useful info could be part of another 'how to' thread or added to this one if desired.

Date 4/26/2012
Time 05:52 PM
**MGW, Ltd Order Confirmation **
Order No: 043075

I think having a tech thread on the install is a good idea and I see no point on cluttering it up with order dates. I'm not sure what the point is of tracking the time between order and deilvery on these shifters. They usually tell you how long it will be. Keeping the shipping and install info in separate threads makes more sense to me. If you're want a tracking thread I'll either move this one or you start another one in the general section.

ace72ace

Sorry, my bad, didn't notice I started it in tech, sure, move it over to General. Separate thread in here whenever boss2251 does his install. However he's gonna have to find the CAPS key for a proper post with step by step instructions. Hehe.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
ace72ace said:
Sorry, my bad, didn't notice I started it in tech, sure, move it over to General. Separate thread in here whenever boss2251 does his install. However he's gonna have to find the CAPS key for a proper post with step by step instructions. Hehe.
I think you meant me in this lol. I think caps is for screaming but if thats what you want lol

ace72ace

boss2511 said:
ace72ace said:
I think you meant me in this lol. I think caps is for screaming but if thats what you want lol

No I meant caps at the beginning of each sentence. instead of this. or that, or you know... sorry 2251! Some of your others posts have been all lower case, so I was just poking fun.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
ace72ace said:
boss2511 said:
ace72ace said:

No I meant caps at the beginning of each sentence. instead of this. or that, or you know... sorry 2251! Some of your others posts have been all lower case, so I was just poking fun.
ah yeah I tend to not cap anything lol I am used to word doing it for me.

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
I ordered my MGW last Saturday (April 30). I spoke with the lady ( can't remeber her name but I believe she is the only one who takes orders) and she very clearly indicated to me that I would not be billed until the shifter is shipped. I would be very surprised if your survey shows otherwise.

My second comment is that there is already a thread started in the forum's "How To" folder that has a link to the MGW's website which has a very good video library on how to install the shifter in a MT-82 equipped Mustang. This link is very good and I highly recommend it to anyone contemplating installing this shifter themself.

MMD

ace72ace

I've watched all the SVT Performance vids at least twice. Now I want to see forum members post up their own pics. boss2251 is doing the same upgrades on his '12 Boss as I will be doing on my '13, MGW & alum. DS. Our drivetrains are gonna be smooth as buttah!

Dvendet

ace72ace said:
I've watched all the SVT Performance vids at least twice. Now I want to see forum members post up their own pics. boss2251 is doing the same upgrades on his '12 Boss as I will be doing on my '13, MGW & alum. DS. Our drivetrains are gonna be smooth as buttah!
So then I guess you didn't see the video in the "How-To" forum then. The videos I refer to are not "SVT" videos. They are MGW (the actual manufacturer) videos and they are quite comprehensive and IMHO very well done and explain in detail the install. I would find it hard to believe that one could produce another instructional video that would explain the install any better than what is presented here. i would even suggest that if you cannot perform the install for this shifter after seeing these videos then you probably should not install this shifter yourself. Just my 2 cents.

MMD

Dvendet

KYBOSSLS said:
Placed the order on 4/27/12, Debbie said 4-5 weeks, very nice lady...buddy of mine purchased the Barton, he likes it but is looking forward to seeing the MGW.
Really bizzare! I ordered my MGW a day after you and they told me 3 weeks. You did say you're getting a MGW didn't you?

MMD

Yes sir, wrote all of our talk down, I had asked for Julie but she was busy...I know her name only by this forum, I did thank that Debbie was stretching the time..

ace72ace

MakeMyDay said:
ace72ace said:
So then I guess you didn't see the video in the "How-To" forum then. The videos I refer to are not "SVT" videos. They are MGW (the actual manufacturer) videos and they are quite comprehensive and IMHO very well done and explain in detail the install. I would find it hard to believe that one could produce another instructional video that would explain the install any better than what is presented here. i would even suggest that if you cannot perform the install for this shifter after seeing these videos then you probably should not install this shifter yourself. Just my 2 cents.

MMD

I watched these. Can you see why I referred to them as the 'SVT' videos? This screen grab is directly from mgwltd.com;

Screenshot2012-04-30at94211PM.png

TMO Supporting Vendors