The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

MGW question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A friend just had his MT-82 replaced under warranty. The dealer said the 5-6 shift fork was bent, causing the transmission to pop out of 5th gear.

Does the MGW help prevent the over travel of the stock shifter that may have caused this ??

He had the dealer install a MGW while the transmission was out. That is one nice shifter, feels very solid.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
George can correct me if I am wrong.

No the MGW does not have stops preventing over travel of the shift forks. I have installed the MGW on both of my mustangs. No stops to adjust.

Hurst made shifters with stops back in the four speed exposed shifter rod days. I don't know of any which have over travel stops now.

MGW

Supporting Vendor
Hey guys,

Sorry for not responding sooner. For some reason my notifications turned off.

That is correct our shifter does not have internal stops HOWEVER we have limited the travel inside the box much more than the oem unit so it MAY work as somewhat of a limiter although not designed for that

George

TMO Supporting Vendors