The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

MGW shifter Install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Regardless , it is not a 4 hour job, so time to shop around as that is nuts. May be worth a call to Vorshlag in Princeton, Texas and a Sponsor on this site. I would imagine they have done these before and might be less expensive.

Best short throw shift kit around, by the way.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
2011-14 MT82 version - page includes installation video
Updated Design for 2016 — we've listened and heard your feedback on our MT-82's, and so we've made several design changes to satisfy the most performance-hungry enthusiast. The new design is more compact and will fit inside the car's oval cutout, fully assembled; no more bashing your knuckles trying to get the unit installed.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Could it be . . The reason MGW shows the MT/6 removed is for shifter mounting ‘illustration’ purposes?

I agree with XR7, no trans removal. I did my 2012 GT on the garage floor following the instructions. One of the bolts was a real pain, realized the trans cooling scoop was stopping the trans from lowering a bit further … after successfully wrestling it for a 1/2 hour. Besides that pretty straightforward. Good luck.

I agree with XR7, no trans removal. I did my 2012 GT on the garage floor following the instructions. One of the bolts was a real pain, realized the trans cooling scoop was stopping the trans from lowering a bit further … after successfully wrestling it for a 1/2 hour. Besides that pretty straightforward. Good luck.
Dust boot kicked my butt!!. Instructions made it look too easy. When I talked to George later he said it was easy after you do a 100 of them

Dust boot kicked my butt!!. Instructions made it look too easy. When I talked to George later he said it was easy after you do a 100 of them
Great point. I put a haze of silicone grease on the undercut groove which seemed to help minimize the swearing of multiple attempts. Not sure if that helped or got lucky.

I inquired to Vorshlag, they said they don't install customer supplied parts which is odd since they don't show MGW shifters or any others for that matter in their store, then said they are backed up for many months! Guess I will keep looking

TMO Supporting Vendors