The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

MGW Shifter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
Talked to Julie yesterday and set up an appointment to drive to Augusta and have George install the MGW shifter this Saturday in my Boss. Better to have him do the install rather than me.Will let you know how it is after a couple days of driving.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
jeepinocala said:
You are going to be very happy ;D Make sure you get the heat shield it is worth every cent.

+1 You may want to pay for the extra shaft so you can use after market shift knobs, just so you have it. I liked the stock knob and re-used that.

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
I already replaced the stock knob with a Hurst T handle. Probably going to put that back on it. Also tried a Hurst pistol grip for a while,but decided on the T.

CrashTex

Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow
There are A LOT of folks that have installed the MGW, and far & away most are really happy with it. To me, it seems this is less a performance mod, though, and more fixing a sub-par product Ford sold us on an otherwise fantastic car. Anyone else feel that maybe Ford has some responsibility for selling a shifter that pretty much doesn't work?

Love this car. Ford did an awesome job, overall. Shifter is big letdown, though. That said, I'm addicted to driving it.

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
808Boss said:
Nice. you made the right decision on the shifter. Install isn't too bad, but if he'll do it for free then why not?
His shop is only about an hour or so from me in South Carolina,so its worth it to me to take a short trip and get it installed at no extra charge.

Wish I had known that last week! I drove to Ft Gordon, just outside of Augusta, last week to do my final retirement physical. I definitely would have tried to arrange an install for myself.

CrashTex

Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow
CPTMac689 said:
Wish I had known that last week! I drove to Ft Gordon, just outside of Augusta, last week to do my final retirement physical. I definitely would have tried to arrange an install for myself.

Congrats on your retirement! I'm at 18 years of service..... I can already feel 20 knocking on the door. Time flies!

CrashTex said:
CPTMac689 said:

Congrats on your retirement! I'm at 18 years of service..... I can already feel 20 knocking on the door. Time flies!

Thanks! I'll be right at 24 by the time my paperwork gets done. My Boss was my slightly early Happy Retirement present to myself!

TMO Supporting Vendors