The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

MGW shifter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Need a little help, what would you guys think a used MGW shifter is worth.It was in a 2012 gt so not sure how much it was used but can ask no heat shield.
Phil

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Just one or 2 shafts, if you have both for OEM & after market threads, that adds another 25$ Also, does it come with a shift ball? I'd think a decent price for a less-than-a-year old shifter would be around $300 plus any extras.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Make sure you have all the required bolts & washers etc. You could always call MGW too in case you want their latest installation instructions, they were excellent. You should also do yourself a favor and order up a sheet of Dynomat too from amazon so you can apply it to the trans tunnel. A lot of people have reported increased noise after the install, but I would say part of that could come from not bothering with the dynomat and also not fully seating the lower seal on the new shift boot since it is such a royal PITA getting it snug *all the way around*. Working the lower lip with your fingers inside the boot as recommended by MGW proved to be the best technique for me.

The only downside to buying a used shifter is that MGW has made many changes to the shifter since they started production. If you want the latest model with all the updates, the dynamat, new rubber shift boot, new rear bracket rubber insolator, grease, locktite, heatshield (now included with the shifter) etc, I would recommend buying new. On the other side of the coin, the updates may only have made the shifter easier to install and easier to produce and you might not care about any of the other stuff. Recommend you call MGW to get their opininon. Just my 2 cents worth.

Well guys just about to pull the trigger on a used MGW shifter with 5000 miles on it.This is the second addition shifter but it was before they offered the heat shield,spoke with george, and I will be getting the dynamat and the heat shield,he also said the shifter has a lifetime warranty who ever own's it.Picked it up for 280.00
Phil

TMO Supporting Vendors