The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

MGW'ers: Which Shift Ball?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aircare84 said:
The shift pattern is not quite right on that one, reverse should be next to first & not fifth.

Well.. for the MT82 it would be wrong. But I have a TR6060. The guy I bought it from also makes them the way you described.

Anyone know how to make the GT500 shift boot fit? I bought the MGW shifter, but havent installed it yet. When I try to use the stock set-up with the GT500 shifter boot it wont work since the shaft isn't able to grab any threads.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
sadil said:
Anyone know how to make the GT500 shift boot fit? I bought the MGW shifter, but havent installed it yet. When I try to use the stock set-up with the GT500 shifter boot it wont work since the shaft isn't able to grab any threads.
works perfectly fine in my boss with a MGW shifter....didn't have to do anything special....

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel