The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Micheal Schumacker Out of Coma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Micheal Schumacker Hurt In Skiing Accident

Rick thanks for keeping us updated, with the Winter Olympics I'm sure we have all thought of the Schumacher family with this tragic accident.

posted this in the wrong thread earlier doh!

I had the misfortune to be placed in a coma for 3 weeks also whilst in France, I also contracted Pneumonia which is an infection i believe caused by the saliva running back into your lungs.

The whole thing was a torrid affair, i had to learn to walk again as well as pee, it took 3 months to get back to work in which time my employees had pretty much bankrupt me by making a lot of mistakes.

Not good times

Ian

More bad news. Even if he comes out of the coma a full recovery isn't likely.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/racing/news/20140228/f1-michael-schumacher-coma-recovery.ap/

Some good news but not much.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1090832_michael-schumachers-family-sees-small-encouraging-signs

The statement from Schumacher’s family is reproduced in its entirety below:

"We are and remain confident that Michael will pull through and will wake up. There sometimes are small, encouraging signs, but we also know that this is the time to be very patient.

Michael has suffered severe injuries. It is very hard to comprehend for all of us that Michael, who had overcome a lot of precarious situations in the past, has been hurt so terribly in such a banal situation.

It was clear from the start that this will be a long and hard fight for Michael. We are taking this fight on together with the team of doctors, whom we fully trust. The length of the process is not the important part for us.

It is heart-warming to see how much sympathy his family is shown and I can say that the family is extremely grateful for it. However, it should not be forgotten that Michael's family is dealing with an extremely intimate and fragile situation. And I would like to remind all of us that Michael has always actively kept his family out of the public eye and consequently protected their private lives.

We try to channel all the energies we have toward Michael and we firmly believe that this will help him. And we believe that he will also win this fight."

It's been while since I've seen an update on this. I'm sure he has a lot of money but $150,000 a week is a lot of cash. Hopefully he comes out of this but at 100 lbs he'll have a long road to recovery.

http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/michael-schomachers-friends-still-hoping-f1-great-recover?utm_source=RacingDaily20151021&utm_medium=enewsletter&utm_term=headline-top&utm_content=body&utm_campaign=awracingdaily

_X5J4790.jpg

The latest rumors. I hope it's true and he can make a productive recovery.

http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/michael-schumachers-manager-denies-rumors-about-f1-legends-condition?utm_source=RacingDaily20151222&utm_medium=enewsletter&utm_term=headline-center&utm_content=body&utm_campaign=awracingdaily

"Manager says Schumacher is not walking

Michael Schumacher's manager rejected the latest media report about the rumored health condition of the Formula One legend.

Bunte, a German gossip weekly, declared in its latest edition that while the seven-time world champion is very thin, he can now take a few steps with the help of a therapist.

And the report suggested that Schumacher, 46, is also now able to lift an arm.

When asked about this apparent progress, the former Ferrari and Mercedes driver's manager Sabine Kehm said, "Unfortunately, a recent press report forces us to make clear that these assertions about Michael do not correspond to the facts.

"This speculation is irresponsible," she told Bild newspaper, "because given the severity of his injuries, the protection of his privacy is very important to Michael."

When confronted with Kehm's denial, a spokesman for Bunte said the magazine stands by its information.

By GMM"

SNE18713%20copy_0.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors