The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Michelin Pilot Super Sports on Back Order

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelin Pilot Super Sports on Back Order :mad:

Tried to order 285-35/19 MPSS from Tire Rack and they are on Back Order with no ETA. Need shoes now so what's the next best All Summer Tire in stock sizes??

I've been eying the Mickey Thomson Street Comp for a bit.

Do you have the stock wheels on your car or LS wheels? If you have the 10" wide rear wheels move up to 265/40/19 and 295/35/19 or 265/35/19 and 295/30/19 PSS tires.

NFSBOSS said:
Do you have the stock wheels on your car or LS wheels? If you have the 10" wide rear wheels move up to 265/40/19 and 295/35/19 or 265/35/19 and 295/30/19 PSS tires.

Stock Boss wheels (not LS). Both those rears also on back order

I ended up ordering Mickey Thompson Street Comps in the stock sizes. I've heard some great reviews for the street. Since my Track days are very few and very far between I decided if and when I do I will get a set of dedicated track tires.

Hopefully they will be better than the stock Pirellis 8)

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Calif boss302 said:
I ended up ordering Mickey Thompson Street Comps in the stock sizes. I've heard some great reviews for the street. Since my Track days are very few and very far between I decided if and when I do I will get a set of dedicated track tires.

Hopefully they will be better than the stock Pirellis 8)

The MT Streets are certainly better than the OEM tires. I love them on the street but they worked pretty decent on the track too. I ran into this backorder issue with the Michelin Pilot SS tires last year as well. They seem to never make enough or they sell out mighty fast. The MTs are a great second choice IMHO.

TymeSlayer said:
The MT Streets are certainly better than the OEM tires. I love them on the street but they worked pretty decent on the track too. I ran into this backorder issue with the Michelin Pilot SS tires last year as well. They seem to never make enough or the sell out mighty fast. The MTs are a great second choice IMHO.

Thanks TymeSlayer. I did a bit of "Soul Searching" and finally realized I most likely will not be tracking as the car is primarily a weekend Cruiser and it needed tires now. Tires arrive on Monday and then the car goes to Custom Alignment in Mountain View for mounting and Roadforce balancing.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel