The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Michelin PSC2 tire sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Let us know when you receive them and they are the correct tire. Looks too good to be true but I hope it is true.

DFW, TX
The manufacturer's part number is correct but the size in the spec area is messed up for all the sizes.

75183 is the part number on the Michelin website for the 305/30/19 98Y Shelby spec front. That matches my order.

I was looking to buy four 315/30s but at only $195.81 each for 305/30R19, R spec front, I'll give it a go. If the wrong thing shows up, I can get a refund...

Crazy!

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
I'll wait for your feedback and if they are indeed correct and still available by then, I'll take a set even though I don't need them now, but that deal would be too nice to pass on...

Would be smart to check their production date too, make sure they're not 3 year old tires being sold for cheap.

Last edited:
So Michelin lists two tires for that type of SC2's that fit the R in 305. One is model 75183 and the other being 24727. The 24727 is also for sale at Walmart but only like $40 off. Still over $500. The difference between the two tires even though they are both the same size is the tread depth and load range. The 305 listed for $197 (75183) has a tread depth of 5.5 and a load range of 1653 (98Y). The other 305 (24727) has a tread depth of 7.2 and a load range of 1874 (102Y). Both have the same treadwear. SO what is the actual tire the GT350R has from the factory? the 98Y (75183) or the 102Y (24727)? I did not check the 315 sizes, but there may also be two versions.

Last edited:

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
Load range on the Shelby is above 100Y that's for sure, but that means only a difference of 150-200 lbs of load capacity per tire. Given that the 98Y are already rated for 1600 lbs, that's enough for the Shelby I guess.

Last edited:
DFW, TX
Yup, the R tire is reduced tread depth from some other SC2s. Its also made in the US and not Europe. Some conjecture that the Shelby tire is some latest, improved compound or construction. I was really on the fence because I wanted to run the 315/30 on all corners, but the price for the "front" was too good (to be true?) We shall see.

In the V6L
So I bought a set of each - PSC2's and PSS's from Walmart. Four PSS's cost me $610 tax-in (WA sales tax) and four PSC2's $1154 tax-in. I crossed all the part numbers to the Michelin website and they're the correct tires for the GT350.

The message? Michelin's blowing out their stock of GT350 tires through Walmart. Expect to see announcements in the New Year about new OEM tires for the incoming GT500 that backfit to the GT350.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
This spring, I bought 4 305-89Y's from FORD. Had my parts guy (knowledgeable car guy) confirm the build dates with his contact...another knowledgeable car guy.

Tires arrived with nearly year-old build dates.

Sent them back ...got new ones...lost a month of the season.

Sometimes mail order sucks, even when you deal with the A-team.

" Tires arrived with nearly year-old build dates."

That's nothing unusual in tire shops even like Tire Rack or Discount Tire. I was thinking these Blue Light Specials might be 2-3 year old range. Also went to two local WM stores tire shop had no clue what this was about and didn't seem interested in finding out. Great cust service as usual

Just received my tires for the rears 315/30/19 from Walmart. Tires look fine. Date code 3016 and 3316. So that's the 30th week of the year in 2016 the tire was manufactured. Similar dates to the tires I currently have on the car.

I think you guys are getting too particular with the build dates, race tires have "newer" build date because Hoosier (or whoever) knows about how many tires they're going to use in a month and they create them. Over the road tires, the mfg has no real idea how many they'll sell so they make a bunch at the beginning of the year, and when they run out. As long as they aren't folded into each other for storage they should be fine. I'd be more worried about this warning from Pirelli, but Michelin is similar.

FREEZE WARNING
Freeze Crack Advisory: This advisory addresses proper storage and use of Pirelli Racing Tires in cold conditions. Pirelli Racing Tires, especially asphalt and hard compound tires, may experience Rubber Cracking if the tires are transported, crushed, flexed or stressed when frozen. The following guidelines are provided to avoid this problem:
1. Always store Pirelli Racing Tires indoors at temperatures above 32° F.
2. If tires have been subject to 32° F or less, allow them to warm to room temperature about 70° F for a minimum of 24 hrs before tires are mounted, transported or flexed.
3. Always use spare tires not intended for future competition to store vehicles for prolonged periods of time or winter transport.
4. If below freezing temperatures are expected, please consider shipping tires once more favorable conditions exist.

Do not use tires that have evidence of Freeze Crack Damage.

I received this email today about the 4 305/30R19 Sport Cup 2 tires I ordered at $195.81 each shipped. I guess Walmart found a way to back out of all the orders they received.

We're really sorry, but one or more items you purchased are currently on backorder and may be delayed. We'll be getting more inventory and will fill your order as soon as we can.

If we can't ship the items by 12/08, we'll cancel the items, begin processing your refund and let you know by email.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel