The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Michelin Sport cup 2 vs Pirelli P zero Trofeo R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a 2016 GT350 TP
I have on order a set of Forgeline GA1R open lugs 11x19-24 & 11x19-62. I'll be using a set of GT350R front and rear springs and sway bar end links. I have a set of Maximum Motorsport caster camber plates to install also. I plan to run 305/30ZR19 tires on all corners. I'm looking for opinions on and your views on the Michelin sport cup 2 tires or the Pirelli P zero Trofeo R tires. My car is going to see both (mostly street, a few time a season) and track times.
Thanks guys.

Both tires should be about as fast as any street legal tire you'll find. The PSC2 tires are specially formulated for the GT350R and according to the engineer I spoke at length with the PSC2 tires on the car are faster than the PTR. I find that hard to believe but I'm rolling with it. I know a couple of guys that have used PTR tires and they love them. I'm going with the R's PSC2 tires the first time around and see how they hold up for track use. Nitto NT01's are also under consideration but should be a step below the other two.

TMO Supporting Vendors