The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

michelin super sport - 305/30/19 ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Check for the Michelin 4S. Better yet the SC2 or Bridgestone RE71R. Both are on sale through today at Tire Rack and don't forget to use our like at the top of the page!

A quick check on ebay shows some seemingly decent used PSS's in that size.

Otherwise, there are some good and cheaper options on TR if you want to buy 4 new tires (I would).

Thanks.
One tire is more worn than the others will need to be replaced soon. Will probably get a used one for that wheel. Also, I am ordering a spare front and rear wheel (SVE) and want to have tires mounted and ready in case of a nail (had one recently). Think I'll get two 4S tires for the spares and switch to 4S on the rest when they wear out.
Are the 4S tires equivalent to the PSS in performance?

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
If you are getting two, I would sure suggest new all the way around , and use one old tire for the spare. Really best to have all four new and not good to mix , even with the same brand ( compounds change, rain sipping is different, one set has been extensively heat cycled, etc. ) . Plus , as noted they are on sale now , with a Cash Card coming back to the purchaser.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel