The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Michelin tire pressures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
What’s your camber setting? I ran the Pilot Sport 2 (220 tw) and Pirelli pzero (220tw). Pirelli liked 38 hot, and i think a gt Performance pack manual recommended 38 hot, thr Michelins didn’t like it. At 38 hot i was slippery at vir. I ran about 34F/31R hot, about 6 psi lower cold. It’s all about your driving and suspension setup

domesticpower

Track Addict
NS
I'm at -2.3 deg, which is the most I can get out the camber plates I have with stock struts.

I ran 38 psi hot with the Michelins. My first time out from 32 psi cold, they went to 42 or 43 psi hot. I dropped that down incrementally and settled at 38. Lower than that, they started to feel too soft. I never ran Pilot Sport 2, though, only PSS. I can't remember what pressure I settled at for the Pirelli's, sorry. I only ran them half a season in 2012 - the first summer I had the car.

TMO Supporting Vendors