The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Michelin Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marco

proud owner since Friday 30th August
Hey Guys

I am looking for new Tires for my Boss 302 Laguna Seca and will i think i will go with the Michelin Super Pilot Sport.

Does anybody have experiences with them on the race track ?

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
Yes I have the super sports on the Boss. 295 19" back and 265 19" front. I have 5 or 6 track days on them and I would say for a street tire on track you would be hard pressed to do better. They wear like iron. I feel they give up some after 6 or 7 hot laps at least for me. If you have a somewhat equal driver in a some what equal car and he has r comps , game over he will be way faster. I run them as a compromise tire and my expectations are in line with that. I still have 18" wheels and true r comp track tires on my to do list. Hope this helps.

For street tires I've used Hankook RS3's, Toyo Proxes 1, the stock Pirelli's and the Michelin PSS and the PSS hands down. I'm running 265/35/19 and 295/30/19. The closest is the Hankook's but I think the PSS stick slightly better. The big difference is the PSS communicates much better at the limit and release more smoothly. I'd also look at the BFG Rival if they ever become available in stock sizes. Another serious contender is the Yokohama AD08 R. The PSS should be the better street tire but the AD08 R might be better on track.

So Boss

Boss at Vancouver (now Finland)
+1 for PSS.
With these I can enjoy all the way to racetrack. No need to hassle anything, just adjust pressures and hit the track. They communicate well, wear evenly, no problems whatsoever.
And the best: I've won all the others having street tires.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel