The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tire Video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have posted in the past about these tires. This is a video done by MT. My Son was one of the testers at this event and that is why he insisted I put these tires on my car after only 150 miles of use. Take a look at the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLBFVzLDdAs

Re: Micket Thompson Street Comp Tire Video

I have them on my 2011 gt500 and I believe they are the best all around performance tires Ive ever had.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
"Leaf spring suspension?" Anvil Auto dude at 1:29.... wha? ??? They also modified the hood on that GT to open from the cowl? Why?

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
ace72ace said:
"Leaf spring suspension?" Anvil Auto dude at 1:29.... wha? ??? They also modified the hood on that GT to open from the cowl? Why?
yeah I caught him saying that too. that should be edited out cause soon as he said that my mind goes to....what the hell does this guy know he thinks a mustang has leaf springs....aka idiot.

but I do think I will try these tires out when the time comes

I caught that leaf spring comment too; does the corvette still come with leaf springs, maybe he drove the corvettes right before as well, they just didnt show it... or could be he meant live rear axle.

I never knew M.T. made tires like these, always thought of them as a "drag racing company"

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
They are comparing them the "Brand X" in the video but they never say what that other tire is. They may be a great tire for the price, but i'd like to see a head-to-head against a tire like the Michelin Pilot Super Sports including skidpad G's for both tires tested. In the backgroud there a Cooper Tires tent, can we assume the MT Street Comp is actually manufactured by Cooper Tire ?

ace72ace

That could be a reasonable guess, cause you know MT doesn't have their own plant, they are being rebranded for them by someone. If they are good enough for Roush, they might be a decent tire for the Boss for certain applications.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I don't drive my boss on the street and these we and these were as good as the pilot Supersports then it would be a good option.

He is speaking about the Corvette that they had just got done driving. They are going to move that scene back into the dry handling section. Also they altered the hood on the mustang to help with cooling because the track temperatures can reach 125 degrees at the track they were testing at. As Far as "Brand X" you can do the math they were testing against the best of Tier 1!

;D

ace72ace

Now that makes sense (misplaced scene when editing video). Interesting about the modified hood for temp issues.

These tires look impressive. I'd like to see a head to head review between the MT and BFG Sport Comp 2.

New link to the video:

The Ride and Drive video needed an update the new link is here (the old one doesn’t work):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUy5EMflBbU&feature=plcp

TMO Supporting Vendors