The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mickey Thompson Street Comps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Heavens no. I mean you can ride them in the winter but they are like bacon on teflon on ice, snow and not too good on frozen roads. I love these tires but unless it dry out, there certainly not ideal for winter driving. At least in my experience with them on my Boss.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
The do okay in the rain but to be honest, the only rain my boss has seen was coming back down the mountains from a car show last year. It wasn't much rain and the tires handled well but it was more like a small rain shower. Couldn't tell you what it's like with real rainfall. Much like RoushF150, my car is a fair weather car and under those conditions, I really like the feel of these on both the street and the track.

Just figured I would toss another option in there for you for a good bang-for-your-buck summer only tire. I was caught between the MT street comps and BFG Sport Comp 2's. I went with the BFGs and they handle the rain very well. This summer I got caught in a crazy storm where the visibility was down to only hundreds of feet, sometimes only 100' or so. I was driving slow and careful at 50-55mph, but never noticed any hydroplaning or tramlining like I thought I would with so much water on the road. It was coming down fast enough that there seemed to be close to a 1/16" thick sheet of water over the road. The pattern of the MT is very different so I have no idea how they would be. I am very happy with how the SC2s did with autoX as well. I would probably go with the MT next just to compare the two. I doubt you can go wrong either way.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel