The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mickey Thompson Street tires are out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
They have them out in boss sizes :) who's going to try them out?
http://www.americanmuscle.com/mickey-thompson-comp-285-35-19.html
http://www.americanmuscle.com/mickey-thompson-comp-255-40-19.html

I have a set of MT Street Comps on my BOSS. We introduced them today at a customer show in Toronto. The retailers jumped all over them and placed stocking orders. Any of your local retailers who are supplied from Keystone Automotive in Canada or in the USA can get them for you in one day if they don't already have them. The warehouses are fully stocked with every size as of now.

DSCN0190.jpg

How do you like them compared to the stock Pirelli's?

I have not had a chance to run them through the paces yet. Installed them for the show and drove home last night. Initial feel is very nice on highway (quiet and straight) did one exit ramp off and one on and car went where it was pointed. I do not track the car so I will never be able to give that kind of a review but will let you know the street and drag strip manners as I get more seat time with them. These are not a drag tire either but should hook up good with the solid block centre tread that is almost like having a slick down the middle of the tire.

On the cosmetic side they look very sharp. Tread is nice and the sidewall has a more "Race" look with a smooth surface. Much easier to clean compared to the Pirelli with all the little lines.

Ralph

Justin

RoushF150 said:
I have not had a chance to run them through the paces yet. Installed them for the show and drove home last night. Initial feel is very nice on highway (quiet and straight) did one exit ramp off and one on and car went where it was pointed. I do not track the car so I will never be able to give that kind of a review but will let you know the street and drag strip manners as I get more seat time with them. These are not a drag tire either but should hook up good with the solid block centre tread that is almost like having a slick down the middle of the tire.

On the cosmetic side they look very sharp. Tread is nice and the sidewall has a more "Race" look with a smooth surface. Much easier to clean compared to the Pirelli with all the little lines.

Ralph
This is the kind of review I am looking for if it spins going in a straight line. How the road noise is and how it handles in the wet. At there price I may just try them regardless unless a wildly bad review comes back on them.

I have them on my 2011 gt500. All I can say is that they are perfect in every way. 100% smooth and quiet. Balanced with almost no weights at all and have better grip than the Goodyears it came with. One of the least exspensive tires on market as well. MT hit a homerun with these.

Now the rest of the story....I went to MT press release for these tires at their test track in TX. I drove brand new 2013 mustangs and vettes with a competitors tire and then the Mickey. No doubt they had better wet skid pad traction than the Michelins and better dry than BFG or Goodyears. I was still a little hesitate to replace my goodyears but no regret now.

Justin

CMG said:
I have them on my 2011 gt500. All I can say is that they are perfect in every way. 100% smooth and quiet. Balanced with almost no weights at all and have better grip than the Goodyears it came with. One of the least exspensive tires on market as well. MT hit a homerun with these.

Now the rest of the story....I went to MT press release for these tires at their test track in TX. I drove brand new 2013 mustangs and vettes with a competitors tire and then the Mickey. No doubt they had better wet skid pad traction than the Michelins and better dry than BFG or Goodyears. I was still a little hesitate to replace my goodyears but no regret now.
thanks for the post. I am going to try these out when my car is due for rubber

CMG said:

My Son was at that event as well. He was there from Keystone Automotive and gave me the recommendation to put them on my BOSS.

RoushF150 said:
CMG said:

My Son was at that event as well. He was there from Keystone Automotive and gave me the recommendation to put them on my BOSS.
Yes. We had dinner at the same table one night. Nice young man.

TMO Supporting Vendors