The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mid-West Boss Meet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weather permitting (hopefully no snow!) I will be participating in the Hooked On Driving (3/29) track day at Autobahn CC, Joliet IL. BMW Club of America will also be participating so should be fun showing the M3s what THE BOSS tail pipes look like! Anyone else in let me know.

BOSS343

Theory of 1
Boss #2452 said:
Anyone with Boss's in the midwest want to get together for a track day or autocross or something this year? I'm in mid Illinois and am really curious if there are people near me that want to get an event going.

Define mid-Illinois if you would :p

Fordman9870!!! or should i just say Kevin:p I hope to be attending the mother road this year.

also kinda short notice but april 13th there is a show in bloomington normal in the von maur parking lot i am usually there at 4pm. fun show. lots of raffle goodies!! so if you are close drop on by!

Also....those of you that let this current super nice weather pass you by and the Boss don't leave the garage...shame on you.

BOSS343 said:
Define mid-Illinois if you would :p

Fordman9870!!! or should i just say Kevin:p I hope to be attending the mother road this year.

also kinda short notice but april 13th there is a show in bloomington normal in the von maur parking lot i am usually there at 4pm. fun show. lots of raffle goodies!! so if you are close drop on by!

Also....those of you that let this current super nice weather pass you by and the Boss don't leave the garage...shame on you.

I might try to make it to that show. I think there is a cars and coffee at the end of the month too in Bloomington. There will also be an autocross on the 20th and 21st that I'll go to over at Rantoul.

BOSS343

Theory of 1
Boss #2452 said:
I might try to make it to that show. I think there is a cars and coffee at the end of the month too in Bloomington. There will also be an autocross on the 20th and 21st that I'll go to over at Rantoul.

Cars and coffee huh. I would be up for that as well. assuming work allows.....

Yea I got a buddy with a Z06 that did rantoul a few times last year. I never did make it down.

Would be super pumped to see another Boss of ANY kind show up at a show or meet and greet cars and coffee...its been a lonely world in the land of vette madness and bmw's and the camaro and challenger...I am all alone up here haha. Hope to see you there.

Let me know more on this cars and coffee deal. Also keep in mind the rt66 mother road what have you down in springfield september 27-29. I plan on being there all 3 days.

BOSS343

Theory of 1
AW NOOO. It didn't load!!....the video didn't work...

I may try to make the auto-x but will def make the coffee. If things continue like they have been I will prolly be working during the auto-x this month...

so you AND your buddy BOTH have a YB boss?

BOSS343

Theory of 1
I may make the autocross next saturday...depends on if i get my MGW installed or if i just do my brake lines and fluid....and how ambitious i am....might just come and spectate.

BOSS343 said:
I may make the autocross next saturday...depends on if i get my MGW installed or if i just do my brake lines and fluid....and how ambitious i am....might just come and spectate.

Warning, though, if you install that shifter it moves you out of the stock class. SCCA is crazy.

BOSS343

Theory of 1
I ain't a good enough driver as is for stock class. Plus with the suspension I have planned I wouldn't be in the stock for long anyhow...are you running completely stock? tires, wheels, everything?

BOSS343

Theory of 1
HEY HEY HEY,

To all you Mid Illinois guys out there! Route 66 Red Carpet festival this weekend! Saturday and Sunday events at towns on Rt. 66! Sunday is a car show in Towanda Illinois that I plan to attend ....weather permitting. Hope to see a few of you out there.

TMSBOSS said:
I would be interested.

Blackhawk farms will have open track days this summer. Road course located near the Wisconsin line.

Autobahn also has day open this year.

I am located south of Rockford.

Very limited schedule. I work overseas. Home frequently.

Do you have actual dates for theses events at Blackhawk and Autobahn? I would be interested in either one. Especially the Autobahn course. I only live about 6 or 7 miles from there. Thanks.

TMO Supporting Vendors